• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!. Please login or sign up.
December 01, 2021, 11:31:09 AM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Recent posts

Pages1 2 3 ... 10
The Gravel Bar / Re: Unlimited Fly Fishing News...
Last post by Woolly Bugger - Today at 10:37:16 AM
Fish stranded after Hebgen Lake Dam glitch cuts off water to Madison River

>>>A dramatic plunge in the upper Madison River due to a problem at the Hebgen Lake Dam has stranded some fish and bodes ill for brown trout eggs resting in now exposed gravel.

"It was pretty ugly up there," said Kelly Galloup, owner of a fly-fishing shop close to the dam.

Overnight releases from the dam plunged from about 650 cubic feet per second to 195 cfs in a freefall recorded on U.S. Geological Survey's streamflow gauge below the dam. Likewise, the gauge recorded a sharp decline in the water temperature as it went from 39 degrees to 32 before rebounding to 34 degrees after the gauge was exposed to the air.

"NorthWestern thought it was a glitch in their gauge," Galloup said.

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

https://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/fish-stranded-after-hebgen-lake-dam-glitch-cuts-off-water-to-madison-river/article_7f3050a4-4c27-5e38-a99a-386ceed2530c.html
The Gravel Bar / Re: Unlimited bear news
Last post by Woolly Bugger - Today at 10:33:07 AM
Bear injures Sumpter man

>>>Beckner, 19, who lives in Sumpter, said the encounter with the bear in his front yard, late on Thanksgiving, left him with scratches on his cheek and above one eye, among other injuries.

During a phone interview on Monday morning, Nov. 29, Beckner said the knuckle of the middle finger on his right hand, the one he used to punch the bear in the eye, was still sore.

So was his shoulder, where the bear briefly bit him.

https://www.bluemountaineagle.com/bear-injures-sumpter-man/article_ac5c5b84-3e69-5033-867f-032267e4ea7b.html#tncms-source=block-contextual-fallback
The Gravel Bar / Re: Unlimited Salmon / Steelhe...
Last post by Woolly Bugger - Today at 10:30:46 AM

Coho salmon run shatters record as steelhead numbers flop

>>>A record shattering number of coho has made the long journey from their home streams, to the ocean, and back. Nearly 24,000 coho salmon have made passage through the Lower Granite Dam — the last dam between the ocean and the Grande Ronde and Wallowa rivers.

The prior record, set in 2014, saw 18,098 coho make their way past the Lower Granite Dam. In recent years, those numbers have fluctuated between 1,449 and 8,178, with 2020 seeing just 7797 coho return to the Lower Granite Dam. The run this year marks more than a 300% increase from the previous year.

https://www.bluemountaineagle.com/news/coho-salmon-run-shatters-record-as-steelhead-numbers-flop/article_f11e82f1-7b0c-593f-b90d-717315f45419.html
Local Trip Reports / Re: Smith-Continued
Last post by Dee-Vo - Today at 09:39:08 AM
The Pilot Mountain fire has reached the 1000 acre mark at this point from what I have seen advertised. Initially, this was a little unnerving as I only live a few miles down Hwy 52 from the mountain. It seems as if they may have it under some degree of control, I sure hope so.
The Gravel Bar / Re: Corona Virus
Last post by Woolly Bugger - Today at 09:34:23 AM
The Gravel Bar / Re: Real vs Fake
Last post by Dee-Vo - Today at 09:33:59 AM
Oftentimes I've talked with the wife about starting a traditional tree locating, cutting thing, but she's not a fan. "It's cold out. What if it catches fire? What about all of that mess that gets in the floor?" Blah, blah, blah....

We have a fake one. Always have. Probably always will.

I personally enjoy the real thing.
Last post by Dougfish - November 30, 2021, 21:40:25 PM
Bravo.
Last post by Woolly Bugger - November 30, 2021, 20:46:02 PM

#122 58 - 48 partly cloudy Gas $3.14

Last day of November was mild. It's a challenge to get the layers right as most of the fishing is done in the shade.

War birds in the sky, three of them jetted overhead as I was gearing up.

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

I headed on down to the lower run and swung and stripped streamers. I had a blow-up and a coupled of grabs which came right at the end of a strip.

Beavers are extending their damn dam

There weren't many midge / bwo sippers out today, so I continued the streamer game and then began my hike out. I stopped at one of the last riffles and watched the water. There were a lot of fish actively feeding on the surface. Mostly punes I figured, but not wanting another skunk I rigged the rod with 6x and a pink parachute bwo. The fish liked the fly and the catching began. For the next hour I whacked a good number of fish and then after the official sunset the hatch diminished and no more fish were seen rising. Browns on dry flies on the last day of the eleventh month.

:Dance  V:;  -+;

They are all so pretty...

Last post by 22midge - November 30, 2021, 19:39:14 PM
might be surprised at the fake ones you're staring at  :o
Last post by Dougfish - November 30, 2021, 15:49:50 PM
Quote from: rbphoto on November 30, 2021, 13:12:27 PM
Quote from: Big J on November 30, 2021, 10:09:56 AMFrom the title, I thought this was going to be about another topic.  I was disappointed. 

You are starting to sound more like Doug . . .

I'm all about the real.  :laugh:
Pages1 2 3 ... 10

#CommissionsEarned