News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

2013 Warm Water

Started by OldDominionAngler, February 12, 2013, 23:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

croaker

sjwormhatch,  Come on down.  We can scrounge up a canoe, kayak or toon fer you to use...
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

benben reincarnated

Sorry about your ride Jfey.  Good thing the lake panned put for you.  How's that IPA?  Seen it a few times but haven't picked any up yet.

Jfey

Quote from: benben on February 26, 2013, 19:26:19 PM
Sorry about your ride Jfey.  Good thing the lake panned put for you.  How's that IPA?  Seen it a few times but haven't picked any up yet.

It was the transmission that failed.  Mechanic who originally fixed it is covering the repair, tow and all.  Big relief for my bank account.

Modus Hoperandi is one of my many fav IPA's.  Very drinkable, just a touch of bitterness.
Yup, going fishing

Big J

Quote from: Jfey on February 27, 2013, 08:42:58 AM
Quote from: benben on February 26, 2013, 19:26:19 PM

It was the transmission that failed.  Mechanic who originally fixed it is covering the repair, tow and all.  Big relief for my bank account.

Modus Hoperandi is one of my many fav IPA's.  Very drinkable, just a touch of bitterness.

Glad to hear they covered the bill. 

Already on page 2 of the Warmwater thread and it's only Feb.  I'll be adding a contribution of a float and hopefully a musky soon.  Saturday looks very promising.

Dougfish

That Explorer tranny sounds a lot like my old Dodge PU tranny woes.  Fix and re-fix. b';
Somebody elses problem now.

0:0 To better days.

overbrook

Quote from: Jfey on February 27, 2013, 08:42:58 AM

Most excellent news!  Any luck on the wallet?

Big J

First musky trip was today and I'm addicted.  30 degree weather, no follows, ripped skin, sore shoulder, but it was sweet.  We didn't see a fish all day and on the second to last hole we fished, I caught a musky.  Long cast, two strips and he nailed it.  Here is my first warm water entry for 2013.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Dave figure eighting.

Gorgeous stretch of water.

My first musky.

My battle wound.

My after battle boat lunch.

Dave was a great guy to float with and glad we were finally able to meet up.

Beetle

Yes!    Way to go Big J!    /'/

bullship

Hell yes man! Good job you lucky sob
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

_Fish_Pimp

TheYiman

Awesome!

Although I must bust your balls ... 1st Musky trip and you stick one = start logging your 20,000 casts till the next one, ahhhaaahhhaaa!!!  You're hooked!

Nice job, Big J!   'c;

Dougfish

'c; 'c; 'c; 'c;
Glad you got the prize, J. I was outside most of the day, so I knew what you were putting up with. Bravo!

Big J

Quote from: TheYiman on March 03, 2013, 00:47:01 AM
1st Musky trip and you stick one = start logging your 20,000 casts till the next one, ahhhaaahhhaaa!!!

I know, I was seriously in shock to hook one on the first trip.

Quote from: Dougfish on March 03, 2013, 07:05:09 AM
  I was outside most of the day, so I knew what you were putting up with. Bravo!

Your not kidding.  Weatherman said it was supposed to get up to 44 yesterday and I don't believe it got over 35.  There was snow flurries most of the time and the 12 mph wind didn't help.

sanjuanwormhatch

Jfey

Awesomeness Big J!!!   Looks like one of your flies also bd;0
Yup, going fishing