lookout shoals wed 5/16

Started by lepomis_mcro, May 18, 2007, 13:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lepomis_mcro

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

went out on the lake wed after work. the wind was picking up and clouds have moved in.
on the drive there i was wondering how much
fishing i could get in before it turned into an afternoon thunder storm. met up with wilke at the dock.
loaded the boat up and headed out. as it turned out we got a bit of fishing in as the storm never brewed up but a little rain.

water temp was mid to high 60's/ was clear enough so you could see the fish come up at
look at the fly before they took it.. and thats always fun.

we started out on a cove that produce a smaller bass for wilke and a few gills, but the wind was a mess.
so after a quick trip to the other side of the lake, hoping the trees would block out some of the wind.
it turned out better. got in to some more gills. found a school of carp, and we gave it a try but no takers.

the highlite of the trip was when wilke hooked into something big under a dock. turned out to be a very large shellcracker
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

what a great day to be out

(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

badankles

holy shmoly, that's a fat one.  bet that put a nice bend in the rod.   
when's a newbie no longer a newbie...