OMG - State Stocks Trout in Winston Lake!

Started by Woolly Bugger, March 09, 2019, 13:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

link to story

You cannot view this attachment.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

driver

Get all your Orvis gear on and get your butt down there! I hear they are biting a size 14 mini-marshmallow.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: driver on March 09, 2019, 14:48:45 PMGet all your Orvis gear on and get your butt down there! I hear they are biting a size 14 mini-marshmallow.

Not me! You’ve got to pay a fee to fish from the pier!

10” hatchery trouts  -p-
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on March 09, 2019, 15:16:41 PM
Quote from: driver on March 09, 2019, 14:48:45 PMGet all your Orvis gear on and get your butt down there! I hear they are biting a size 14 mini-marshmallow.

10” hatchery trouts  -p-

Pretentious bastard!  Too ostentatious to mingle with the locals?  Too much of an angling swell to rub elbows with the natives?  Too lofty and conceited to be seen with your brothers and sisters?  Too afraid of the poor or middle class rubbing off on you?  Afraid of coming down with peniaphobia?  You can buy pricey beer and piss it out in an hour or two, but you’re too cheap to buy a pier pass?
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on March 09, 2019, 15:36:53 PM

10” hatchery trouts  -p-

Pretentious bastard!  Too ostentatious to mingle with the locals?  Too much of an angling swell to rub elbows with the natives?  Too lofty and conceited to be seen with your brothers and sisters?  Too afraid of the poor or middle class rubbing off on you?  Afraid of coming down with peniaphobia?  You can buy pricey beer and piss it out in an hour or two, but you’re too cheap to buy a pier pass?

I’ll post up a report tomorrow ...
me -There's a season?

Pansyman

Tennessee stocks local ponds all over the state during winter. It’s a way to get folks who may not be able to head to the hills to buy licenses and catch some fish. Great way to get kids interested in the sport. 
I prefer the rainbow power bait ..it’s like rainbow sherbet for trouts.
You can lead a horticulture<br />but you can't make her think.<br /><br />Only users lose weed.

croaker

Zeke's floating bait is what me and the Old Man used to fill stringers in the Lakes in southern CA years ago.
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

Onslow

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on March 09, 2019, 15:36:53 PM

10” hatchery trouts  -p-

I'm a firm believer in dumbing down fishing, and neutralizing any need to learn anything meaningful. Marginalizing folk by keeping them ignorant, and subjecting them to  false narratives, e.g., fish come from hatcheries,  makes for a beautiful form of microaggression.

Woolly Bugger

My bad, I was thinking Salem lake in Winston, Winston lake is more like a pond and is also in the minority side of town. I found this out by visiting Salem lake and asking the anglers if they had seen any of the trout that had been stocked. They informed me of my mistake and cautioned, “you don’t want to to there!”

You cannot view this attachment.
me -There's a season?