News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

RIP Spot

Started by Woolly Bugger, July 01, 2013, 08:49:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

We had to put Spot down this morning. The kids picked her out at the shelter they volunteered at one summer. She had been abandoned, shot with a pellet gun and had heart worms. When we picked her up from the vet we were informed    Not to let her run for 30 days, due to the heart worm treatment. On day 31 I let her off the leash in the back yard for the first time. She ran and ran all around just for the joy of running, I thought, "this could be bad, I hope she doesn't die"  Well, she survived and had a good like for the ten or eleven years that we had her, and despite her odd ways of hoarding food and stealing my shoes, she became part of our family and I miss her already .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

RiverbumCO

Was this the hackle eater?   I hope not. 

Sorry Boogs.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Dougfish

Sorry brother. Not an easy way to start a day.

Woolly Bugger

yea, she's the one that destroyed a pine squirrel and a complete pheasant skin....

If I look hard enough I'll bet I can still find some loose feathers from that fiasco!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Transylwader

Sorry to hear this Keith, saying good bye to a hound is never easy. :'(

Big J

Sorry to hear of your loss.

benben reincarnated

Keith sorry about your loss.  Losing a dog is not ever easy.

troutphisher

Sorry to hear this...........
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Beetle

Sorry Keith- that sucks!  Spot was a good dog.

Give Sally and the abominable snowdog a pat for me.  I'm sure they are missing Spot too.

Stone-Man

Keith
Sorry about Dog Spot.

I have put 12-15 animals down and it is never early

JT

Jfey

You gave Spot a good life.  It's never easy. RIP
Yup, going fishing

CaddisMan

Once you've spent some years looking into a pair of devoted canine eyes..., well, they say it all with their eyes... my condolences.

gillman

Trout Maharishi

What did you do with the body? Dogs can be some good eatin if you fix em right :P
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on July 01, 2013, 19:15:24 PM
What did you do with the body? Dogs can be some good eatin if you fix em right :P

what was your address again?
me -There's a season?