News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Report from Delayed Harvest Stream -- MItchell River

Started by Woolly Bugger, April 23, 2020, 11:02:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Devin's Dad sent a message that he was off fishing yesterday at the Mitchell River.

"Went to the Mitchell yesterday. Just had to get out. There were at least 40-45 people there
There were 24 cars on Grover Cochram.  Insane.  Found a stretch above the phone booth and stayed there   
You could tell the fish had been hammered"

That's crazy.... but glad the hordes are on stocked and not wild waters....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Devinsdad

Yes it was crazy-
There were 9 cars at the gate at the end of the road, there were 5 more between the gate and the farm house, 3 or 4 right by the baptismal pool and 5 more between there and the end of the road.  There were 4 cars at the big pull off, I parked down from there on the grass about 200 yards down.  The bridge lot had 5 cars plus one right at the phone booth by the bridge.  It was crazy.  Ended up staying in that stretch of river most of the day as you couldn't move.  I did catch a couple fish, and it was good to just be outside.  But jeezuz crezzus it was packed.  And the fish were spooked all to hell.  On the bright side, the water and the stream bed were the cleanest I have seen in a long time.  That said, I will look at my other options in ETenn next time.

RiverbumCO

Could you legally park at the gate entrance of Stone Mountain and walk the roAd to access fishing?
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: RiverbumCO on April 23, 2020, 17:48:41 PMCould you legally park at the gate entrance of Stone Mountain and walk the roAd to access fishing?

I think they would frown upon that
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

Sounds like you need to float a bote through there and get everyone worked up.  p;-
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006