VA Trout Stocking - Let your voice be heard!

Started by natureboy, September 23, 2013, 09:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

natureboy

ATTENTION TROUT ANGLERS:

VDGIF and Virginia Tech would like to hear from you! VDGIF and Virginia Tech would love to hear your opinions, comments, concerns, and questions about the stocked trout program here in Virginia! Please come voice your opinion or just listen in at one of the following public meetings...

September 30, 2013: Wytheville Community College – Galax Building, Room 201,1000 East Main Street, Wytheville, Virginia 24382 from 6:30-8:30 PM

October 2, 2013: Virginia Tech – Southwest Virginia Center, Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center, Room 222, One Partnership Circle, Abingdon, Virginia from 7:00-9:00 PM

October 7, 2013: Augusta County Government Center, South Board Room, 18 Government Center Lane, Verona, VA 24482 from 6:30-8:30 PM

October 8, 2013: Central High School Cafetorium, 1147 Susan Ave., Woodstock, VA 22664 from 6:30-8:30 PM

October 14, 2013: Izaac Walton League, 210 Conservation Lane, Madison Heights, VA from 6:30-8:30PM

October 16, 2013: Sportsman's Warehouse, 3550 Ferncliff Ave NW, Roanoke, VA 24017 from 6:30-8:30

October 21, 2013: Mott Community Center, 12111 Braddock Road, Fairfax, VA 22030 from 7:00-9:00 PM

October 22, 2013: Virginia Cooperative Extension Office, 101 South West Street, Culpeper, VA 22701 from 7:00-9:00 PM

For more information on the project please contact:

Amanda Hyman (ahyman@vt.edu) or Vic DiCenzo (vdicenzo@vt.edu)
Dept. of Fish and Wildlife Conservation (MC 0321)
Virginia Tech, 310 West Campus Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24061
- See more at: http://blogs.roanoke.com/wildlife/2013/09/attention-trout-anglers-public-meetings-on-tap/#sthash.T6AkYhKm.dpuf

http://blogs.roanoke.com/wildlife/2013/09/attention-trout-anglers-public-meetings-on-tap/

Dougfish

I'll be at Sportsman's Warehouse on the 16th.  -0-

Dougfish

Another bump for Roanoke area peeps to join me Wed. night!

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Can you give us a report of last evening's meeting?   Many thanks.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Dougfish

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on October 17, 2013, 08:15:50 AM
Can you give us a report of last evening's meeting?   Many thanks.

Very well attended! About 50 anglers?
The VT and DGIF guys talked a lot and explained the Put And Take program. That was what they wanted feedback on. We gave them an earful on that and strayed to other programs, also. My biggest beefs were with the DH, special regs, wild trout and fingerling programs that get short shrift compared to the put and take. I didn't even get to that. They have a section on their website for feedback, now. I would comment, get your friends to comment, keep commenting. They are taking their sweet time to implement changes - 3 years. Friggin' gov agency. There was representation from put and take guys, TU guys, fly, spin, bait, everything. No fists, insults or threats were thrown. Everyone knows the system is broken in many ways.
http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/fishing/trout/management-plan/

Big J

Found this gem on FB.  One guy caught and keep all these trout in one day and admitted it. Stocker program at its finest.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

benben reincarnated

Fucking pelletheads. 

Pellethead recipe....take the trout, wrap it in bacon, grill it, throw away the trout, eat the bacon. 

mecnc

Quote from: Big J on October 26, 2013, 19:40:50 PM

Found this gem on FB.  One guy caught and keep all these trout in one day and admitted it. Stocker program at its finest.

I'm guessing the walkie-talkie is to let his buddy know if the coast is clear to haul his catch out.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Big J on October 26, 2013, 19:40:50 PM

This ain't in VA, correct?
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Dougfish

Big J