Unlimited Anything But Fishing

Started by snagaluffaguss, March 25, 2013, 19:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

Didn't place nothing there.  He was just going to town when I walked outside the other day to do some yard work.

rbphoto

This made my week:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n5mDWwiE-0TvmaYeVOKU5iDUvuA-NzqN/view?usp=sharing

Property next to our shop is grading and hit rock.

They've been drilling for 2 weeks in preparation for this. 

I love watching things blow up!
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

rbphoto

Resurrection time for this thread.

I moved a bunch of my photos to password protected albums on my website.  Not gonna take the time to go fix it.

Here's the latest non-fishing, non-photographic accomplishment:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM

Beetle

I have questions.

I went to a sporting clay tournament (really a charity deal) and there were some guys who were really into it.    They were changing chokes for different shots.

Is that allowed in tournament shooting?

My skeet choke Miroku couldn't keep up!

rbphoto

Where did you get to shoot?  *Those* guys (and I'm sometimes one of them) can take the game far too seriously.

Changing chokes is allowed in tournaments until you step into the shooter's box and fire your first round.

After that, you've made your decision and have to live with it.

Skeet chokes usually work for a lot of the softer charity tournaments, but I advise Improved Cylinder or Light Mod.  Those cover all but the longest targets.  If you have fixed choke barrels, just enjoy the time with friends.

Raymond

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I went to a skeet shoot ~ 25 years ago; it was a hoot!  I used the Ruger Red Label 20 fixed IC and M my late father bought for me.  It was my dove gun, and I was no better with the skeet than I was with the doves.  I still have the Red Label, but I doubt my skill has improved.  I couldn't hit a bull in the ass.  I don't recall how many clay birds I hit, but I do remember that shots were limited, unlike the dove field, where you could return to the vehicle for more ammo. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Beetle

All my O/U's are fixed choke barrels so I don't have to worry about it.    I was just amused at all the choke changing.    That tournament was at Shane's north of GSO.

rbphoto

QuoteI went to a skeet shoot ~ 25 years ago; it was a hoot!  I used the Ruger Red Label 20 fixed IC and M my late father bought for me.  It was my dove gun, and I was no better with the skeet than I was with the doves.  I still have the Red Label, but I doubt my skill has improved.  I couldn't hit a bull in the ass.  I don't recall how many clay birds I hit, but I do remember that shots were limited, unlike the dove field, where you could return to the vehicle for more ammo. 

Yep, you get two shots per pair of targets. 

Unless you are shooting a flurry, which is the most fun you can have with a shotgun!

If you ever want to part with the Red Label, I have a couple of kids on the team who may be interested!

Raymond

rbphoto

Quote from: Beetle on July 29, 2021, 08:15:44 AMAll my O/U's are fixed choke barrels so I don't have to worry about it.    I was just amused at all the choke changing.    That tournament was at Shane's north of GSO.

"All My O/U's" - I like the sound of that.

Both of mine take choke tubes.  I leave Improved Mods in both barrels on my competition gun unless I have to shoot at a target under 10 yds.

Shane's is on my list of places to shoot.

Along with quite a few more in NC.

I've been to Kidd's Place, which is awesome.  The Fork in Norwood is high class, and Cleghorn near Rutherfordton is also a sweet place.

Raymond

Beetle

Primland is great but too expensive so I have been going here:

http://huntingcreekpreserves1.com/

rbphoto

Quote from: Beetle on July 29, 2021, 11:10:40 AMPrimland is great but too expensive so I have been going here:

http://huntingcreekpreserves1.com/

Yes, Primland is nice.  I made a trip up there earlier this year on a vendor's dime. 

Hunting Creek's prices are awesome.  I'll have to put that one on my list. 

I could foresee a BRFFF Feathers & Fins get together sometime . . . shoot some clays/bird; tie some flies; catch some fish . . .

Raymond

Dougfish

I've got an old Remington 58 auto w/skeet choke. I was pretty good back in my youth. I could maybe get back into that. A second pretentious sport.  :Dance
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Beetle

That'll work Doug!    I got my clocked cleaned by some Nelson County boys last thanksgiving.    It was a wobble trap and the winner shot a sawed off Remington pump (870?).   Matte black with strap / sling.     :Dance

rbphoto

I can't make anything happen prior to October, but this could be a lot of fun.

Raymond

Big J