3 (21.4%)
Yes
3 (21.4%)
one time at band camp...
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Woolly Bugger

Tenkara Angling for Mountain Trout

>>>I began fly-fishing at age 12 and rarely pick up any other rod. I have enough gear to keep a fly shop in business. Yet, the first time I fished with a tenkara rod, I found its simplicity and minimalism utterly liberating. Young or old, novice or pro, you can realize the art and effectiveness of fly-fishing while channeling a centuries old tradition, and for a fraction of the cost relative to regular rods and reels. And the possibilities range far beyond trout and freshwater. For additional tips, techniques and stories on gear and fishing of all species, check out on the web. You'll be hooked.

https://www.union-bulletin.com/photos_video/tenkara-angling-for-mountain-trout/article_b8e0b167-a52b-57c1-9821-8c5faea92485.html

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Onslow

How many toys and distractions does one need in life to get by?  I'd rather pick snow peas than splurge on more chinese made shit.

Phil

Tenkara? Wowsers, Woolly. You gonna go for it?  :o

itieuglyflies

I really wanted to try Tenkara but could never find a Tenkara Reel .......

Phil

I fished Tenkara as a kid. We called it "cane pole fishing."
Woolly, I voted "Maybe." I'll try it if you spend the $250 on the telescoping cane pole and let me borrow it....

Pansyman

You can lead a horticulture<br />but you can't make her think.<br /><br />Only users lose weed.

troutrus

I have a nine foot bamboo. My first rod from about 68 years ago. My older brothers got to use them newfangled spinning outfits and at about 4 years old, dad felt the bamboo was better suited for me I guess. Used to catch quite a few crappie, bass, and sunnies at a reservoir just outside of Philly. Used some hair jigs, but mostly minners caught from a creek or small bacon pieces when things got tough.
I plan to take it up to the Little Rock... next time I go up that way. Think it would be perfect for dabbing some of those little wild rainbows.
You cannot view this attachment.

Al

Quote from: troutrus on May 26, 2020, 20:00:38 PMI have a nine foot bamboo. My first rod from about 68 years ago. My older brothers got to use them newfangled spinning outfits and at about 4 years old, dad felt the bamboo was better suited for me I guess. Used to catch quite a few crappie, bass, and sunnies at a reservoir just outside of Philly. Used some hair jigs, but mostly minners caught from a creek or small bacon pieces when things got tough.
I plan to take it up to the Little Rock... next time I go up that way. Think it would be perfect for dabbing some of those little wild rainbows.

Trouts is on to something. I have actually taken a 10 foot telescoping bream buster which I bought for about $12 up there to RC. I rigged it with about 4 feet of old fly line and then tied a Walmart tapered leader on. Dropped a midge under a #16 Elk hair caddis dabbled the hell out of those hard to cast to holes. 

Woolly Bugger

ok, I was perusing Sierra Trading post as found a Tenkara outfit for fiffy-bucks  <-;:
on some of my walkabouts, I've often wished I had a rod with me to catch the creek inhabitants

well fuk.. I just checked the order status and I must have missed out on the rod as it's no longer in my pending order... 

anyway ...

Tenkara Angling for Snake River Smallmouth

>>>ince discovering tenkara fly-fishing a few years ago, I don't travel much without a tenkara rod. Tenkara rods are telescopic, collapsing down to about eighteen inches and only require a fly line, leader, and a handful of your favorite flies. Minimal gear and super simple. Absolutely unfettering after years of lugging a minimum of four fly boxes, two reels to accommodate floating and sinking fly line, fly line sink tips, split-shot and strike indicators for nymphs, a variety of leaders and tippet strengths, dry-fly float coat, and the list continues.

This third-generation fly-fisherman seeking squishy-finned, speckled trout and salmon almost exclusively, had convinced himself to carry every possible method and fly pattern in the pack at any given time. We all know trout can be picky. But with the burden of gear selection removed from the equation, fly-fishing is once again magical, comparable to my single-digit years casting from the red clay, muddy margins of a forgotten farm pond. Back when I was a normal-sized human, able to snag my line in the tall fescue on the back-cast.

https://www.waitsburgtimes.com/story/2020/08/06/specials/tenkara-angling-for-snake-river-smallmouth/16579.html
me -There's a season?