News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Spring Lake fishing

Started by CR, April 05, 2010, 00:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CR

I was at the wife's family lake house for the weekend and made it out to do a bit of warmwater fishing. The lake had been off due to low water the past few seasons, but this year things look better with plenty of water and lots of plant life. With weather in the 80's the bass and bream were on the beds in the shallows and I had a good time catching fish on poppers with droppers off the back. There was a lot of pollen and algae in the water but the fish did not seem to mind so long as I took the time to clean my fly and knots every few casts.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Thanks for looking,

CR

"I Feel God In This Chili's Tonight"

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

OldDominionAngler

Great stuff CR, guess it's about time to start checking up on some local ponds.

diaz dassie

Epic! Dem warm water buggers are lighting it up! Awesome pictures  0--0

WRector

Nice going CR!  Did some myself on Buggs Island lake, but didn't have near your success...  Great pics as well!  You tie up those poppers?
There's a big difference between a dry fly dancing through
a riffle and a weighted fur ball dragging on the bottom.

CR

No- Those just some I got online- they are quite nice with weed guards and all and are very durable though. I am a sucker for nice looking poppers. I tie most of my flies but popper bodies are not worth the effort for the results I get. 

I just need to invest in an airbrush I guess.

"I Feel God In This Chili's Tonight"

jwgnc

Thanks for thepost - I need to go catch some pan fish - hmmmm - wonder why they call em that?
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

blue ridge angler

very nice.. 0--0making me want to hit some warm water..

overbrook

Nice fish CR!    And I hope this is'nt percieved the wrong way....but I took art classes for years...trained to be a commercial artist....and painting poppers with an airbrush is'nt what its cracked up to be....your likely to be disappointed with that as well...and the cost of a decent brush system would go to waste  :(  If you can find the good soft foam poppers with the flat bottom side and cupped face....you could probably do some real nice ones with prisma color markers....thier mucho easy to work with compared to other stuff.....but even using testors model paint is'nt that tough by hand....you figure the bass usually only see the bottom of the bug anyway....which on most poppers is a solid color....or you can add the dots like on the sneaky petes.....but usually a few tiger stripes on the back and some eyes will more than suffice.  I love poppers too!!  ;hb