6 degrees of seperation

Started by Woolly Bugger, June 29, 2010, 00:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

That's what the weatherman was saying. 94 here in town and 88 up on the Blue Ridge. I needed a break from the heat so I packed up a couple of rods and headed over the mountains to the New River to try and catch the evening smallie bite. Thunderstorms started popping off but bright sky on the horizon looked promising. Got to the river with a light drizzle falling and I took the Joe Brooks bamboo rod out of the case.  When I went to put the reel on I realized that the line was wound for right hand retrieve. I don't go that way, but decided to give it a try rather than breaking out the TFO pastique rod.  I tied on a Wiggle Minnow and hit the water. There was still some lightening in the distance but the rain was slacking off. I was having some issues with the rod and line, a WF-7-I, it took a lot of line to load the rod and the sinking line was a bit of a pain to pick up off the water. I did manage to get a few fish to hit the top but didn't bring any to hand. Ran into some strange stuff on the river bed, watch the video.

The rain came down hard again and I was getting cold as I got soaked to the bone. The rain broke for a while and I warmed up and started to dry, but the game was called for lightening just before it got dark. I only fished for an hour and a half, this was my first true skunk in many many years. I think I might just have a beer... 0:0
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

blue ridge angler

the rib cage was somewhat disturbing..
I find that smallies tend to hand out the skunk alot more than trout do..around my way anyway..

Woolly Bugger

I did not like wading up thigh deep and discovering that dead shit. 
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on June 29, 2010, 07:24:25 AM
I did not like wading up thigh deep and discovering that dead shit.

Jimmy Hoffa?...... :o

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Oldman

Naw, Thats Disco's  fishing buddy that he "claims" to have bailed out on his float last week. Seems he caught more than Kim.

black jackk

Yet i read the article twice it seems that the answer might be "Fact" Yet the article came to no conclusion nor tried to answer it's own question nor provided a link to a follow-up story.