News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Wading boot suggestions needed

Started by diaz dassie, August 27, 2010, 16:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diaz dassie

I am in the market to buy a new pair of wading boots as my current pair are beat badly. Since I am travelling west to CA, MT and WY at the end of Sept, I want to be kind and don't bring back any nasty snot that could screw pour local cricks. I have been told that vibram is good, but am not planning on seeing an ostyologist every week with broken knees and legs coz they are slippery as hell, any suggestions for boots that are studded? Please gents, your answers are greatly appreciated.
TW ;)

Woolly Bugger

I've been using rubber boots for a while now... first was L.L.Beans Aquastealth, then Awustealth with Studs, which I still use and a New Pair of Simms  Streamtreads, the Simms are built better and fit better too...

They've got about six different models / price ranges for you to pick from...

-0-
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

blue ridge angler

I currently have the vibram soled simms guide boots and they kick ass..
the are slick on some rocks, but no worse than felt on those orange rocks..
they fit perfect, and are comfortable to hike in..

Trout Maharishi

I like good old fashion rubber hip boots myself ;D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

troutphisher

Good choice Holy one.......but I prefer the Urban commando look for sporting events.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Trout Maharishi

WHERE CAN I GET ME SOME OF THOSE! bd;0 /"\
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

troutphisher

You can order by phone 1-900 bum - lick.......
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Trout Maharishi

Shoot, I was hoping one of our spongers had them 8)
― Charles Bukowski

blue ridge angler

why does that pic of TM in his wading boots always have to come up?
I have the feeling that with a getup like that you don't get crowded on the stream too much..

cmiller51h

Gee thanks TM!!! Just when I think I've got that damn picture outa my head, you post that damned thing again!!! Thats a mental picture I could do without!!!!!!! :-*
"Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way" GEN George S. Patton, 3rd Armor Commander

Trout Maharishi

I was just trying to be helpful, all of you are just a bunch of jealous bitches p;- Here is another one just for my fabulous friend Troutphisher  :D
― Charles Bukowski

cypresstrout

You would think by now people  would understand not to ask waders or wading shoe questions on this board! 8)

cmiller51h

TM, I think the Dalai Lama just jumped off a cliff in Tibet when he saw these pictures :o! Where do you get these things!!!?? :laugh: That's some funny shit right there!!
"Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way" GEN George S. Patton, 3rd Armor Commander

Trout Maharishi

They are just photos of stuff I have laying around the yurt ;D
― Charles Bukowski

5xTippett

I don't give a rat's rear end about the wader's, wading shoes or whatever this post was about.   All I want to know is where TM found that fat guy whistling. -0-