News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Murder Hornet Trapped!

Started by Woolly Bugger, August 02, 2020, 08:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Scientists In Washington State Have Trapped Their 1st Murder Hornet

>>> The Washington State Department of Agriculture announced Friday that it trapped its first Asian giant hornet on July 14, a step forward in the race to remove the invasive species before it damages North American bee populations beyond repair.

"This is encouraging because it means we know that the traps work," Sven Spichiger, the managing entomologist for WSDA, said in a press release. "But it also means we have work to do."

Scientists In Washington State Have Trapped Their 1st Murder Hornet  - https://www.npr.org/2020/08/01/898173003/researchers-in-washington-state-have-trapped-their-first-murder-hornet
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Onslow

Now this is entertainment

Yallerhammer

Yet, they don't seem to worry at all about the very similar giant European hornets that have infested the eastern US for decades, sting like a copperhead, and also wipe out honeybee hives right and left. They killed every one of my neighbor's bee colonies a few years ago. .
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Woolly Bugger

Trapped Murder Hornet equipped with a radio transmitter led researchers to nest!

https://wr.al/1JByl
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?