News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Recent posts

Fly Shops and Guides / Know your guide!
Last post by Woolly Bugger - September 05, 2007, 16:42:10 PM
Each state has its own sets of requirements for guide licenses. Some are basic and others more comprehensive.

Guides that offer services in the U.S. National Forest and Great Smoky Mountains National Park require special permits.

The National Forests in North Carolina website has a listing of outfitter guides, including fishing, that are under permit with the National Forests in North Carolina.  I have provided the link below.   

http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/recreation/outfitters/fishing_hunting.htm

For the Great Smoky Mountains National Park a link to "Commercial Use Authorizations listed by type of service" is available at the bottom of the page at http://www.nps.gov/grsm/parkmgmt/businesswithpark.htm
Fishing Guides are listed here: http://www.nps.gov/grsm/parkmgmt/upload/CUAs%20Type-of-service.pdf
Fly Shops and Guides / Casual Outfitters
Last post by Hyde-Drifter - April 08, 2007, 12:31:51 PM
 0--0Casual Outfitters 0--0

Steve Hicks
(704) 929-0395 0--0
Fly Shops and Guides / Jeff Wilkins Fly Fishing
Last post by jwflyfishing - November 12, 2006, 20:38:53 PM
30+ yrs experience, Over 20+ yrs in fly fishing and 16+ in the fly fishing business, I own /operate a Professional Guide Service (Small Streams, Tailwaters of TN,VA), Destination fly fishing trips worldwide as we are a Frontiers Int'l Booking agent, teach the fly tying and fly fishing curriculums at the University of NC at Greensboro and Guilford Technical Community College, am an FFF Certified Casting Instructor, and a published fly tyer.  Currently, I have a commercial fly tying business also, a website and online fly tying business selling both custom flies and fly tying materials, and just recently released a fly tying DVD entitled "Flies of the Southern Appalachians".  Our TN and VA tailwater patterns are much sought after, and our specialty is flies for ultra selective trout.  Check out our website  www.jeffreywilkinsflyfishing.com for lots of great information Fly fishing here is a professional passion!

Jeff Wilkins
Jeffrey Wilkins Fly Fishing
3703 Windspray Court
Summerfield, NC 27358
336 644-7775
www.jeffreywilkinsflyfishing.com
Fly Shops and Guides / Maine Fly fishing
Last post by Kevin McKay - October 06, 2006, 04:15:13 AM
My name is Kevin McKay and I am the Fish Stalker. I am also a Master Maine Guide and co-creator of www.maineflyfish.com.
Master Maine Guide

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I live in the greater Bangor area with my supportive wife and two wonderful boys. I have lived and fished here all my life.

(My family would say I bring this obsession for fishing to a whole new level...)

I have been fly fishing for 10 years and I have stalked fish all over the state of Maine and beyond.

I highly enjoy guiding. My goal is to take my clients on fly fishing trips to experience some of the best fishing encounters they've ever had. Any angler can enjoy this journey. Those new to fly fishing will benefit from lessons in the techniques and proper skills needed. Experienced anglers will be given the right flies and be put onto fish as soon as possible.

A variety of trips are offered through the FISH STALKER. I try to meet all the needs of my clients and provide a day of fish, Maine scenery and great times. Whether we will be wading in rivers or fishing from the comforts of my Bass boat, fly fishers can relax and enjoy their excursion.

More challenging trips are also offered through hikes into remote ponds. Here we will be stalking for Brook Trout. These trips are overnight stays that include the added experience of camping. I also will travel to your home to teach you how to fly fish or act as your guide and spend a day taking you to several rivers showing around the areas you will be fishing.

Join me for your next fly fishing adventure!

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
Fly Shops and Guides / Re: Flat Out and Fly Girl Oreg...
Last post by walt - July 14, 2006, 07:37:15 AM
ditto to all said above...... good people, excellent guides.

walt
Last post by 9ft4wt - July 13, 2006, 08:38:33 AM
You can't go wrong with either one of them. I have been out twice with Sara and twice with Brian and have learned something new every time.

9ft4wt
Last post by Peddler - July 07, 2006, 22:13:07 PM
I've fished with Sarah a couple of times. She is a TRUE professional and definately knows her business! Going with her is like being the lead in a game of follow the leader. That woman see's birds busting that normal folks don't until they're on top of 'em! She knows how to release gulls efficiently too!
Fly Shops and Guides / Hatteras Adventures, Hatteras ...
Last post by teachrtec - July 07, 2006, 21:01:00 PM
HATTERAS ADVENTURES
Captain Richie Spears
P.O. Box 313
Hatteras, NC 27943
(252)305-6459

I fish light tackle with Richie and do well. He is will to take folks with a flyrod. 

Brad  8)
Fly Shops and Guides / Flat Out and Fly Girl Oregon I...
Last post by teachrtec - July 07, 2006, 20:58:10 PM
Flat Out Charters
Captain Brian Horsley

Fly Girl Charters
Captain Sarah Gardner

P.O. Box 387
Nags Head, NC 27959

http://outerbanksflyfishing.com/index.cfm

I fished with Brian and really enjoyed the day. Caught a lot fish flyrod and light tackle. Saw my backing for the first time.

Brad  8)
Fly Shops and Guides / Great Outdoor Provision Co.
Last post by JonC43 - April 09, 2006, 23:01:10 PM
Great Outdoor Provision Co.
Thruway Shopping Center, 402 South Stratford Rd.
Winston-Salem, NC 27103

www.greatoutdoorprovision.com

We carry several fly fishing products, including:

Rods: R.L. Winston, Scott, St. Croix, Reddington
Waders, Boots, Vests: Sage, Cloudveil, Chota, Simms, Reddington
Reels: Lamson, Ross, Abel, Van Staal, Teton, Reddington
Flies: Idylwilde, Riverborn, Umpqua
Vises: Renzetti, Regal, Dyna King, Griffith

Also including a good selection of tying materials, lines, leaders, tippets, etc.

Feel free to drop by anytime to check us out ... or just to trade fishing stories ;)