News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

East Fork of the French Broad

Started by diamonddave7676, March 01, 2007, 23:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diamonddave7676

I was thinking of fishing the DH waters of the East Fork of the French Broad this weekend. I noticed where it appears to be about 3rd or so hightest stocked stream. I have never fished it before and just wondering if anyone would be able to give me any info about it. I imagine it was either stocked today or will be stocked by friday. Is this right??  Has anyone here ever fished here before??

troutphisher

DJ and I fished it some moths ago.
We did well with ptn's and woolly buggers.

http://www.brfff.com/forum/index.php?topic=2225.0
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

diamonddave7676

Do you think it will be too high or muddy to fish by saturday??  I know the rain is suppossed to stop by late tonight or very early in the morning and there is not suppossed to be any more rain before this weekend.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: diamonddave7676 on March 02, 2007, 00:50:30 AM
Do you think it will be too high or muddy to fish by saturday??  I know the rain is suppossed to stop by late tonight or very early in the morning and there is not suppossed to be any more rain before this weekend.

High and Muddy??  Woolly Buggers, up against the banks and down deep, go big and ugly!

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

Woolly has some good advise, I would add bead heads to the flies.
something shinny might make the difference.

I checked the water flows last night, and all the rivers in the area were running very high.
I would check again before you head out, so you'll know what to expect.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

diamonddave7676

Quote from: troutphisher on March 02, 2007, 08:30:34 AM

I checked the water flows last night, and all the rivers in the area were running very high.

What is the website to check the stream flows???

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: diamonddave7676 on March 02, 2007, 11:20:06 AM
Quote from: troutphisher on March 02, 2007, 08:30:34 AM

What is the website to check the stream flows???

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?03456500
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

AlaskaBill

I have always liked this river. It does get hit hard but it has a DH almost 3 miles long. Atleast it seems it is. Make sure to check the flow charts. The times I have fished there after rains they have been right on.

Also another plus is if you get off at the Ashville Airport you will pass the North Mills on the way there and then past the Davidsen. It seems I always do day trips there and hope this spring will be a camping trip so I can hit them all.

I have never fished there on a weekend. Due to my job I go there during the week. Yes, I am a lucky man to miss the crouds.  Good Luck 0--0

troutphisher

Looks like the water is dropping at a good slope, it might be good fishing tomorrow  ;D