News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smallie Trip

Started by bmeador, August 03, 2012, 18:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmeador

I'm planning a float/wading trip for smallies over the weekend of Aug 26 - 28, Sat thru Mon.  I can provide lodging for a limited amount and I've got access to a canoe trailer and 4 canoes (and gear) and several yaks.  Gonna hit several sections of the James.  Let me know if you're interested...

tomato can

You thinking' upper James or Lower James?

bmeador

Dougfish

I'll just be coming home after a week on the road. Probably in my best interests to take a pass on this.  8)
Do us proud!

Transylwader

I'd be down. Im interested in these though...
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

NewTyer1

I think that would be the upper James. I don't know when the last time they stocked those things. I was told the other day that the Muskey was nicknamed the fish of 10,000 casts
Scott
Military Police Officer
Iraq Veteran 08-09
National Registry EMT

bmeador

I haven't ever seen one on the parts I float - Bent Creek downstream.  But I've seen several in the New, enuff to have the 10 wgt. out and throwing some in a local pond..  Gonna head back up there in Sept. for several floats and try for a toothy creature!!!!!

Big J

Quote from: bmeador on August 08, 2012, 13:51:39 PM
I haven't ever seen one on the parts I float - Bent Creek downstream.  But I've seen several in the New, enuff to have the 10 wgt. out and throwing some in a local pond..  Gonna head back up there in Sept. for several floats and try for a toothy creature!!!!!

Not far enough  upstream for musky.  There are some around that area, but it's more like 100,000 cast when you get down that far on the James.

Transylwader

Or of course we could make an impromptu stop in Wisconsin which is riddled with em. Musky are unable to naturally reproduce in most their native range down here because of degradation of their spawning habitat. Fucking humans b'; Nihilists n!n

Corrected 08/09/2012 for the "analysers"

bmeador

I agree Tranny!  I get so disgusted when I wade or float and see all the silt that is ruining habitat for our fish!  Sure wish VA's sediment control program was a little tougher.  Just look ath the Smith, let a shower hit the Townes Creek drainage and we'll loose 3+ days of fishing on the lower Smith!   b';

snagaluffaguss

NewTyer1

That was an awesome video. Do you mind if I ask what river that was filmed on?
Scott
Military Police Officer
Iraq Veteran 08-09
National Registry EMT

OldDominionAngler

I want to go muskie fishing....those fish eat so close to the boat!

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: NewTyer1 on August 09, 2012, 13:25:19 PM

Talk to Get Bent he is the dude that shot the video and is featured in it at some point.  He does all the vids for SCOF.  He has even let me be in a couple of them. 

The guide service is New Angle with Blaine Choklett and I forget the big dudes name but he was a fairly well known collegiate athlete I think, and I believe now works for New Angle as well.  Bent could tell you his name,  I dont keep up with college football.

Dougfish

Quote from: NewTyer1 on August 09, 2012, 13:25:19 PM

That looks like the James, upstream of Buchanan.