News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Brown Out

Started by AK Aaron, May 23, 2011, 21:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aka

After a much longer drive than I was expecting to make I made it on the water around 1pm and was itching to start fishing.
I already decided I was going to try and stay on top all day so I tied on a 14 parachute. I worked through a few fingerling rainbows and a number of missed takes before landing a cast at the edge of a eddy in near still water. I let my fly stay still and was starting to reach my free hand into my pack for a snack when this came streaking up from the bottom.
[attach=5]
The browns were in good numbers at least 2 to 1 to rainbows and even staying on top water I found plenty of action throughout the afternoon.
[attach=1]
[attach=2]
All the rainbows were smaller than I expected with the number of decent sized browns I was into. This was the average size for most of the bows.
[attach=3]
Before heading out to meet up with a friend I landed the best colored fish I have seen in a while. Nothen too secret about this spot but it does hold some pretty fish.
[attach=4]

diaz dassie

Hey Aaron, you got a photo upload site like flikr or photobucket? You have duplicates out the ass my man. BTW, thats a nice wild brown. Keep em coming breh ;D

Aka

Got it cleaned up but still I gotta start posting before I start drinking...as my wife says I am worthless with beer in me!

diaz dassie

Nice man. Wifes sad comments go in the left ear and out the right... drink on my friend 8)

The Dude

I had a brown out once.  But it involved a handle of bourbon, some illegal fireworks, a strange woman, local police, a giant bowl of pasta salad, and I don't remember anything else for the next two days.   >:D
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

benben reincarnated

Good looking stuff.  Is that a klinkhammer you are using in one of the pics or a regular parachute fly?  I've got a few I've never tried out much, heard they are good stuff.  I tried tying some to no avail.

Woolly Bugger

nice!

put that camera in the 'macro' mode, your fish pics will be in focus then..  :P
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Aka

Quote from: benben on May 24, 2011, 06:11:37 AM
Good looking stuff.  Is that a klinkhammer you are using in one of the pics or a regular parachute fly?  I've got a few I've never tried out much, heard they are good stuff.  I tried tying some to no avail.

No just a standard parachute although I was using a klink on my home stream some last week and got a few to take it. I have had better luck with a soft hackle trailing my dry or fished by itself to imitate emergers.

Wolly - I wish I could but my camera took a bath a few months back and now I just have the camera on my phone.