News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Lower Dan River

Started by trout-r-us, April 26, 2022, 17:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trout-r-us

Just my second time fishing this year and have yet to string up a fly rod. 🙁
Boat has been sitting since December and needed to get it out for a run. My son was able to go, so that made for a perfect short trip. 👍
Just getting out for a change had me feelin' good.

Catching bait was a breeze.
You cannot view this attachment.

Kitty Cats we're very willing to play, but Mr. Big didn't show up this time out.
You cannot view this attachment.

Hope it's not so long before I get out again. If they ever cut the flow on the Smith I might even dust off a fly rod. 😳

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Onslow

No stripers, or were you above Danville?

trout-r-us

Quote from: Onslow on April 26, 2022, 18:36:16 PMNo stripers, or were you above Danville?

No stripers this trip. We were about 4.5 miles above the river mouth. Put in on Kerr Reservoir and ran up.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Trout Maharishi

That's a nice catfish. I use to love to catch some big ol flatheads with bream for bait when I was a kid. Do you ear them?
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

trout-r-us

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on April 26, 2022, 21:38:53 PMThat's a nice catfish. I use to love to catch some big ol flatheads with bream for bait when I was a kid. Do you ear them?

Assuming you meant eat, no I don't eat them for several reasons, not the least of which is:

― Heraclitus