News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Corona Virus

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 02, 2020, 13:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you worried, have you changed habits?

I stopped drinking Corona Beer!
I stopped eating Chinese Take Out
What Corona Virus?
One time at band camp I got a virus...

Onslow

It is going to be a great holiday season.  I plan to have 15 family members fly from all over this Thanksgiving to join me so may set the stage for a fabulous Christmas. I expect 3 family members to get Covid, maybe a couple asshole relatives will die.  Then we can sit in front of the TV and be in awe of how many are sick and dying. College footballs sucks anyway. We may have some 'sick leave' between the holidays to make life easier. We might not get bills because of disruptions at various enterprises that supply our homes with electricity, and gas. What the hell, it is warm.  Who needs heat!? Welp, the veggies are rotten in the fridge, and the canned vegetables are cleaned out at the local supermarket.  Lets celebrate the death of health food by eating 4 year old Little Debbies! 

Christmas is here!  There is no work, and no trash being collected, city water is in trouble due to the lack of chemicals available to treat it, and due to the lack of HR, Duke power haplessly hired a couple Iranian intelligence agents to fill vacancies due to people critical employees being out sick and dying. Feral dogs, coyotes, rats, and buzzards, are feeding on the bounty consisting of rotting human corpses. Raw sewage is being pumped into the rivers because, well, shit happens.  My employer has been hit by a ransom attack, and this time they weren't prepared.  Holy shit, the ubiquitous bank cybersecurity team fell ill, and experienced a complete breach, and some dude from Romania has stolen my identity.

Happy New Year! China is sending its military over for humanitarian assistance, and they are such kind people. 2021 will be better than 2020, I promise.

Dougfish

Positive thinking ! LOL.
Small ball here. Local fam we have constant contact with, only. Only getting a half bushel of oysters.
Be smart, folks.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Onslow on November 11, 2020, 19:41:05 PMIt is going to be a great holiday season. .............

Christmas is here!  ............

Virus or no virus.  Pandemic or no pandemic.  Does not matter.  Bombarded with mendacious bullshit --- fake icicles, fake stars, gluttony of lights causing epilepsy seizures, phony gift delivering, bogus saints and prophets, etc.  The holidays suck and will suck again if/when we beat this bug. 

Having discovered very early, age 5 or 6, there was no Santa.  That Santa getting dressed in the bathroom stall of the Covington VA department store fooled no one, particularly since his cohort was entertaining the gullible in the lobby.  However, I was temporarily remorseful for unveiling my discovery to all my classmates on the school bus the following Monday; I never enjoyed the sobbing of children even when I was a child.  Vague recollection, but I likely told them they were nuts for believing.  I am certain I was at least a blossoming ass back then.  The pensive skeptic had emerged. 

Now how, and when, can I enlighten my grandson on all the holiday flummery and mummery?

Peace.

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Big J

Quote from: Dougfish on November 11, 2020, 21:07:37 PMPositive thinking ! LOL.
Small ball here. Local fam we have constant contact with, only. Only getting a half bushel of oysters.
Be smart, folks.

Oysters? Am I local fam? You can throw the oysters 6 ft to me and I can wear a mask.

Onslow

Next door neighbor is in the hospital with Covid.  The wife is not showing symptoms yet.

Hope everyone is doing well, and staying safe.

Onslow

One of my wife's colleagues spent Thanksgiving with her Dad who is hot with Covid, then came to work today, and works with the PUBLIC! 

troutrus

Seems the deplorables were wrong suggesting that Covid would disappear after the election.
Then again many of those folks are still awaiting the election results.  V:;

Woolly Bugger

From a friend on Face book

So, let me tell you about Covid...

I have gone from regularly mountain biking, trail running, and canyoneering at altitude for trout, to struggling to even get off the couch. It's frightening to check your heart rate in doing that to see it over 100bpm for such a minuscule endeavor.

The coughing is so deep it feels like cracking a rib is just seconds away and it leaves your entire body sore, achy, and exhausted. And worse, trying to catch a breath afterward sometimes results in nothing more than a small wheeze of air going in where you wonder if you'll get another breath.

Previous to Covid, I would have proclaimed the "red wine hang over" as the mother of all headaches. Not anymore. Imagine a headache so bad you can't open your eyes. And, when you do, you see stars. They don't last long (thankfully), but the mental fog that lingers makes you want to curl up in a ball.

The stomach cramping and diarrhea is horrible and comes without warning. Fortunately, I have almost no appetite, having lost sense of smell and taste. I tried a pickle and had zero sensation of flavor. More frightening, there was a small brushfire across the river that was blowing smoke in the house. I had no idea until Tami quickly shut the windows. On the bright side, I can't smell the farting dachshunds, so there's that...

The hardest is the fatigue. It's inescapable and complete. I've found myself napping a couple a times a day and still getting a solid 10-11 hours of sleep at night, yet not feeling rested.

So how's it different that a seasonal cold or flu? For one, any symptom I've had has been probably the worst I've ever experienced. I've been hospitalized from pneumonia before, and this has been much, much worse.

Also, I've never had so many symptoms combine at once. If I didn't know better, I'd swear it was a coordinated attack. And the symptoms play with your mind. In one moment, you think "hmmm, I'm starting to feel a bit better," only to have everything return with a vengeance that makes you fearful of hoping.

Are there good things, though? Absolutely. Within my circle, I've had amazing support from dear friends who have texted me daily to make sure I'm doing what I need to do. My amazing wife has walked the tightrope of caring for me and keeping the home fires burning, but also allowing me enough room to suffer in my own time and way. She's amazing.

So, I put this out there to let you know this shit's real. I never had any doubt, and took precautions, but this thing is Russian Roulette with the same potential.

- Curtis Bayer
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutrus

Common comment from deniers. How is this any different from the flu we have every year?
Flu deaths average <200 per year in NC. Covid deaths in NC >5,000 since March. 🧐

Onslow

Quote from: troutrus on December 02, 2020, 07:48:25 AMSeems the deplorables were wrong suggesting that Covid would disappear after the election.
Then again many of those folks are still awaiting the election results.  V:;

There are many who talk a good talk, and behave like sanctimonious shits, but carry on much like the 'deplorables'.  It isn't what you believe that matters, it is what one does!!!

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Onslow on December 02, 2020, 20:15:51 PMIt isn't what you believe that matters, it is what one does!!!

Not really.  It is what you say you believe that doesn't matter.  What you truly believe most always results in what you actually do.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

This is unbelievable.  Merge this with all that trusted that BS Great Barrington Declaration and you have a flock of sociopathic meshuggeners, not herd immunity.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/e2-80-98we-want-them-infected-e2-80-99-trump-appointee-demanded-e2-80-98herd-immunity-e2-80-99-strategy-emails-reveal/ar-BB1bZ5h3?ocid=uxbndlbing

Woolly Bugger

From another Winston Salem friend on FB

Y'all see that faint positive?  Yes, I had Covid. Not fun one bit. I had low o2 sats, insane total body pain to the point I cried myself to sleep, SOB, sinus congestion and nonstop sneezingI. I feel robbed. I feel this should be bright red.
6 weeks out and I'm still feeling the effects. Brain fog, headaches and extreme fatigue. Oh and new allergies, lovely. I was pretty allergic to everything before. I am so angry. Everyday I encounter people who think is a joke. I follow all the rules and feel cheated. I just don't get it?! How hard is it to be responsible? Apparently, it is impossible. People carry on, no intention to social distance. This week alone 4 exposures. I'm not front line so no vaccine for me anytime soon. Today, my Covid survey asked if I wore a shield, N95 and gloves! Lol? What a fantasy. I get ONE, ONE surgical mask per week. Despite the countless exposures. 11 before my Covid positive test. 17 since. Someone coughed in my face without a mask, I did have surgical mask on. That folks was it. 5 days later positive. Loss of smell and taste day five . Day 2 all the sinus symptoms. I am a Nurse Practitioner because I feel it's important to improve the lives of others. I have the means and the ability. I'm loosing faith. I am grateful no one in my family tested positive for Covid. Today, I modified a saying Andy Lester Niles said during his morning announcements. Hi! I'm so glad to see you today.  I just want you to know covid is everywhere even here. Make it a great day, the choice is yours to wear a mask or not.
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

troutrus

My daughter in Arizona and her family have been downplaying the virus since the beginning. Having known a number of people who tested positive with little to no symptoms, she viewed it as many young folks do as not a big deal.
She tested positive a couple weeks ago and has since experienced many of the associated symptoms that we hear about. She appears to be on the mend. 🙏🏼🤞
Hopefully her family and friends will heed her experience as a warning moving forward.

Woolly Bugger

Sorry about your daughter , hope she recovers quickly and fully

It's a crap shoot - ands strange in it's ratings of symptoms and outcomes

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
me -There's a season?