News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Lamson Liquid

Started by Onslow, June 12, 2015, 19:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

Bent the spool on the very first outing.  Tried to mend the injury and the rim broke.  Very disappointed.  I'm considering trashing the reel rather than purchasing spools every three weeks.

Dee-Vo

Was this damage done in an understandable manner or is it just a piece of shit? That sucks dude.

driver

Yeah thats one thing that sucks about cast reals. I have 3 Lamson Konics that I have beat the shit out of and have held up. But The new Lamson cast reels are made in China and built in the USA.

Onslow

Quote from: Phallus in Wonderland on June 12, 2015, 19:39:33 PM
Bent the spool on the very first outing.  Tried to mend the injury and the rim broke.  Very disappointed.  I'm considering trashing the reel rather than purchasing spools every three weeks.
The spool is shit.

bmadd

I bought the three packing December, haven't had a problem yet. I suppose I have been fortunate.

Onslow

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Yep.  This is where it happened.

Dee-Vo

Sweet looking place dude. Fukk yes.

Grannyknot

Glad I saw this Phallus.  I was about to pull the trigger on one.
Guess I'm back to digging in the couch cushions for spare change to save for a kraken.

Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Onslow

If one is inclined to get physical with rocks, i would steer clear for sure.  If one is mild mannered or is fishing ponds, gravel bottom rivers n such, it does it's job well.

The affordable TFO prisms can take a beating.  Not a cool reel but, i love em.

bmadd

After seeing the water you fish Phallus I can see how different your area is from what I do. Mine takes constant beatings riding in the boat, but that's carpeted, flat areas. I've used mine for 7 months and have no complaints. Mines is the 3.5 and the drag hasn't really been tested yet. Seems smooth though for the very short times it has.