News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smith River Today

Started by 22midge, March 10, 2012, 18:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

consumnfire1229

"Thou shalt know thy waters and be wise about those things upon which thy prey doth feed."  4th Commandment of The Eleven Commandments from the Curtis Creek Manifesto

benben reincarnated

Nice lookin' browns for sure.  Some of those definitely have some large pooches on them.

5xTippett

I have talked to several biologists about the handling of caught fish and they assured me that holding fish while taking their picture does not hurt them.  Basically they told me just not to drop them on a rock while releasing them.  What kills them is where they are hooked.  Hooking them in the gills or deep in the throat is a death sentence.  Peewee is not catching 6 inch brook trout that you can pose any way you want to. 

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: 5xTippett on March 11, 2012, 11:15:23 AM
I have talked to several biologists about the handling of caught fish and they assured me that holding fish while taking their picture does not hurt them.  Basically they told me just not to drop them on a rock while releasing them.  What kills them is where they are hooked.  Hooking them in the gills or deep in the throat is a death sentence.  Peewee is not catching 6 inch brook trout that you can pose any way you want to. 

from one fish squeezer to another...

jis laugh'in...

carry on gents...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

5xTippett

"from one fish squeezer to another..."  Keith, you gourd head!  I can't argue with that! ^-^  I just got a little ill with Peewee's report getting criticized for the way he held them.  You know how hard it is to catch fish on that river.  What he did is almost unheard of.  I don't know anybody else anywhere that could do it unless you live there and can fish it everyday.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: 5xTippett on March 11, 2012, 14:36:45 PM
"from one fish squeezer to another..."  Keith, you gourd head!  I can't argue with that! ^-^  I just got a little ill with Peewee's report getting criticized for the way he held them.  You know how hard it is to catch fish on that river.  What he did is almost unheard of.  I don't know anybody else anywhere that could do it unless you live there and can fish it everyday.

no denying that, I gave him props for the solid work. jis fun'in about the pics....
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

blue ridge angler

Those are some nice browns right there..Well done.. 0:0

Woolly Bugger

I was going to head up there but felt that it was going to be way too sunny and bright to do any good.
me -There's a season?

phlyfisher

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on March 11, 2012, 21:45:56 PM

I was going to head up there but felt that it was going to be way too sunny and bright to do any good.

ya, pretty much nailed it...fished hard all day and only 2 dinks, what a crock of shiat..

[attach=1]
live action
FB@Ohio Fly Fishing

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: phlyfisher on March 12, 2012, 08:55:13 AM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on March 11, 2012, 21:45:56 PM

ya, pretty much nailed it...fished hard all day and only 2 dinks, what a crock of shiat..

[attach=1]

didn't stop peewee,

jis say'in....

just be glad you din't get skunked. and any wild brown on the smith is a good fish imho...
me -There's a season?

jwhop3

That's why you do it like the bears do and eat the evidence.
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

~by Doug Larsen~