News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Who Predicted a Dry Spring?

Started by Big J, April 30, 2015, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

I remember someone on here saying this was going to be a dry spring this year?  Lynchburg has .8 of an inch above the average and going to get hammered with another 1 inch today if predictions are right.  The rain has really messed up the striper fishing this year.  Good for the trout though.  Looks like I'll have to default to the brook trout again this weekend.

benben reincarnated

Dryer here.  Trend looks to be continuing.  Don't complain.   ;D

Big J

Oh I'm not complaining trout wise.  Should be an excellent spring and early summer for trout up here.  Rivers will be blown out till July if this trend of rain continues.  That is my only complaint.  That and it will probably be another crappy year for the smallie spawn on the James.  They haven't had a good spawn in a while now according to the DNR.

And TF, bet the gardeners are loving this wet spring as well.

Dougfish

Quote from: Big J on April 30, 2015, 08:09:33 AM
...... bet the gardeners are loving this wet spring as well.

-0-

benben reincarnated

He wasn't moving for shit this morning. 

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Big J

Quote from: benben on May 01, 2015, 05:46:32 AM
He wasn't moving for shit this morning. 

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Roadkill breakfast?

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Big J on May 01, 2015, 07:11:08 AM
Roadkill breakfast?

It easily could have been.  After I took this pic, he turned around and started going back the other way towards the center of the road.  He eventually got right up against my front bumper and started going back and forth.  I had to slowly drive into the left lane to get around him.  I've seen him every morning this week trying to get down to business with a hen.

Dee-Vo

I had a turkey in the yard a week or more ago and it walked around the entire house and never left until I actually got in my truck and drove toward it in my driveway. Pretty cool.

DRIFTS

Hey J, rivers looking good for tomorrow if'n ya want to go, for that matter, any u other bitches want'n to go, seats open for striper /'/
l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

ptfranze

Season on the Roanoke got extended until Sunday at midnight

Transylwader

Quote from: ptfranze on May 01, 2015, 11:54:24 AM
Don't tell me you fuckers bailed on Strippers today. She's running at 8kcfs. The pricks on Pamlico were destroying the sea fits n drums on 5wts. Bastards. The lot of them.

ptfranze

Quote from: Transylwader on May 01, 2015, 13:03:42 PM
Quote from: ptfranze on May 01, 2015, 11:54:24 AM
Don't tell me you fuckers bailed on Strippers today. She's running at 8kcfs. The pricks on Pamlico were destroying the sea fits n drums on 5wts. Bastards. The lot of them.

We bailed today cause Jason picked up a job, going either Sunday or Monday. 

driver

Yeah. I couldn't turn down a $20k job to fish for pune stripers

I bet it's gonna be mad house out there tomorrow. Should have it to ourselves Monday.

rbphoto

Sounds like a good trade off.  I expect fish pictures!!!
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish