• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!!!!. Please login or sign up.
June 19, 2021, 05:11:11 AM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Recent posts

Pages1 2 3 ... 10
The bar is open.... / Re: Be careful out there
Last post by troutrus - June 18, 2021, 15:11:03 PM
That video taken during flood stage does not offer a fair representation of how high the dam is during normal flows. During normal flows I would guess an 8 ft drop minimum. Some decent smallmouth down there in the fall. We used to run the Jonboat down to the portage and walk around to fish below the dam.
That was back before I mastered the Smith River trout. 😂
Last post by Woolly Bugger - June 18, 2021, 08:58:15 AM
I do know that there are portage signs up river and you can see the trail in the photo Ken posted.

I shot a video of that dam when my son was canoeing during a flood many years ago.. I'll see if i can dig it up..

terrible killer hydraulics at that dam.

from this post....

https://www.brfff.com/forum/index.php/topic,9987.0.html
The bar is open.... / Re: Learning Russian was going...
Last post by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 - June 18, 2021, 08:56:00 AM
Quote from: Yallerhammer on June 17, 2021, 18:51:26 PMI speak fluent Appalachian.

I used to possess Appalachian fluency, had 18 years of training, then it was contaminated with 30 + years of pretentious, haughty, pseudo sophisticated bullshit.  Since I retired, I am relearning; there is no shortage of instructors here in the Grove.
Last post by Onslow - June 18, 2021, 06:52:11 AM
It would be challenging to find a less suitable location/time to go tubing. Damn

You cannot see attachments on this board.
Last post by troutrus - June 18, 2021, 06:36:01 AM
Sad situation for sure. 🙁
Difficult to comprehend. I've been down that way a number of times, but never went past the portage takeout, so not sure how much warning signage might be down there.
Last post by Yallerhammer - June 17, 2021, 18:51:26 PM
I speak fluent Appalachian.
Last post by troutrus - June 17, 2021, 12:23:30 PM
I grew up with my mom, nana, and some aunts and uncles that communicated in Lithuanian. Though not fluent, I was able to follow along well enough to order a cheesesteak and coke at my aunt's restaurant.
Took two years of Spanish in high school, and I'm able to understand enough to know when workers at the Mexican restaurant are talking shit about me.
Had four years of Latin classes in school and could parrot along through a tremendous amount of prayers and hymns. Of course I never fully understood much of what I was saying.
Always wanted to learn to speak Italian as I'm a fan of The Godfather movies and the Sopranos.

Sveikas. 🍻
Last post by Al - June 17, 2021, 10:11:09 AM
LOL, well I spent a year learning Vietnamese (was even the honor grad in my class) and look how much good it did.

Instead of cancelling your Russian lessons you better see if you can switch languages - Spanish would be good about now.
The bar is open.... / Re: unlimited it's the water, ...
Last post by Woolly Bugger - June 17, 2021, 10:09:49 AM
Regulators approve emergency rules to allow halt of Russian River diversions for thousands of water right holders

>>>The state water board has unanimously approved emergency regulations behind a move to halt Russian River diversions for up to 2,400 water right holders, part of a wider effort to conserve dwindling supplies in Lake Sonoma and Lake Mendocino.

The 5-0 vote of the State Water Resources Control Board late Tuesday came over the objections raised by agricultural interests and allies who argued the new rule was too blunt a tool to use to address the worsening drought.

Hundreds of Sonoma and Mendocino county grape growers, ranchers, rural residents and even some municipal suppliers are on notice that they could have their rights suspended under the move.

Already, about 930 water right holders in the upper river, north of Healdsburg, have been told there is insufficient water in the system for them to take any this year.

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/news/regulators-approve-emergency-rules-to-allow-halt-of-russian-river-diversion/amp/
Pages1 2 3 ... 10

#CommissionsEarned