Main Menu

Photodump From Last Couple Trips

Started by Yallerhammer, April 29, 2018, 12:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yallerhammer

Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Dougfish

Nice 2fer wildflower pics! An a couple of dem cockroaches were stout.  :o  'c;
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Yallerhammer

That hook-jawed one in the net was pushing 16" and hefty. I would have suspected it of being a stogger, but it was way back in the park in a small feeder stream a long, long, long ways from any stocked water. It came out of that hole in the pic above it. I chunked a nymph in there, and I about wet myself when the line went sideways and I set the hook and it came straight up out of the water, and then tore off down the creek peeling line off the reel.  :o

Phil

Damn, Hammer. Beautiful pics, man!  bd;0

Onslow

Yes, this year has been horrible.  Wind, cold, scant fishies.  Good to see some fruit. 

I finally managed to stick a 9-10 inch brookie on a local.  Fishing is still poor however.

BrookieHunter

That is a stout wild rainbow for sure!!  'c;

Dee-Vo

Now, see, that's real pretty, Old Yeller.

Them 'bows are real nice iffin' they wild. I don't like to see them take over a stream, but I enjoy catching them in their own waters. I've grown to love them and their fighting ability.

Thank you for this report. It makes me happy.

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Dee-Vo on April 29, 2018, 20:36:45 PM
Now, see, that's real pretty, Old Yeller.

Them 'bows are real nice iffin' they wild. I don't like to see them take over a stream, but I enjoy catching them in their own waters. I've grown to love them and their fighting ability.

Thank you for this report. It makes me happy.

Don't get me wrong, I love catching rainbows. They're great fish, and make up the bulk of the wild trout in most local streams. They are pretty, and good fighters. I just hate to see them completely take over a speck steam.

On the other hand, there are some streams near here that used to be almost all rainbows with a few browns until you got way up in the headwaters that are now mostly specks-they've moved downstream at a rapid rate.

Big J

Ya did good.  Very solid bow!  Have a love hate relationship with rainbows too. 

Dee-Vo

Damn - that spoon lady is somethin' else.

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Dee-Vo on April 30, 2018, 09:20:19 AM
Damn - that spoon lady is somethin' else.

She certainly is. And the guy that is doing all the work, but never gets noticed, is even about 10x more talented. :D