3wt fly reel

Started by 22midge, April 25, 2022, 12:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

22midge

trying to find a 3wt reel for a friend ...anyone got anything for sale
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

Dougfish

Old school available.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

22midge

boy I would like to see the medalist on the 6' 3 wt boo rod. What you want for it...I will show it to him
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

Dougfish

RH wind is the best for the click pawl drag. 1492DA. Bare, no line. Cleaned and lubed.
$65
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,

Dougfish

Plus, lineguard is set for RH wind.
Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,

22midge

he is right handed so he would need to reverse it to left hand winding.
I will see him maybe tomorrow

Dougfish

I'm RH and fish all my vintage reels RH wind. No big deal. He'll never have a fish on the reel, anyhow.
You can't reverse a 1492.
Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,

bmadd

Quote from: Dougfish on April 25, 2022, 17:08:16 PMI'm RH and fish all my vintage reels RH wind. No big deal. He'll never have a fish on the reel, anyhow.
You can't reverse a 1492.
You sort of can. I need to find the post

Dougfish

It's fucking up an antique.
Use it as designed, or else.
I'll sell you a Martin tuna can if you want to go both ways. It can go either way.
But a Medalist. Blasphemy!
Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,

Trout Maharishi

This looks like it will work for the conversion. I have an old 1494 1/2 I'd give you but it probably too heavy. Don't know? Let me know if you want it.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

bmadd

Not a full drag, but like Doug said it's not really needed

Dougfish

A shitty video of a shitty fix.  n!n
If you can jerk off with your right hand, you can wind a reel RH.  :;!
Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Dougfish on April 26, 2022, 12:55:14 PMA shitty video of a shitty fix.  n!n
If you can jerk off with your right hand, you can wind a reel RH.  :;!

I agree, I wouldn't go through all that to change some POS reel. Especially when other kinds of reels I own spin and fly I reel left haded. BTW- I amphibious p;-  My bait casters are right handed and that doesn't seem to be much of a problem.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski