News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

lost pigzilla....

Started by tattdflythrower, March 15, 2012, 10:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tattdflythrower

headed up to my  local brookie stream and  had a great day best i've had yet up there. sadly lost the most behemoth brookie i've seen in real life had to be at least 14 inches had him on hook pulling my way but my smart self said nahhh i wont need a net today   b'; , bastardo had fins on it pushing 3 inches..... ill get him on the next treck .  still though brought 20+ fish to hand today n quite a few brookies n of course the roaches
"if i live the life im given, i wont be scared to die"

The Dude

Nice looking fish.  That is certainly a good way to shake off the winter doldrums and kickoff the spring fishing season.

Oh, and I'll go ahead and start the stopwatch now to see how long it takes for you to get lambasted for a certain something in your report................. 8)
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

tattdflythrower

yeh it was the first wet wade of the year  damn nice day fished till 730, and are  you talkin bout the water shot?

tattdflythrower

Haha whorevis I kno  but hey it was only 20 bucks :D

OldDominionAngler

Don't feel bad tattd, I own one too.  Nice fishes.

benben reincarnated

Nice fish.  Nice watch.  Spring is upon us for sure.    -0-

Transylwader

Welcome to the heart break hotel. Been there many times. I hate the fucking net dangling behind me, getting caught on dead fall, it's like having a 6th limb that gets in the way. Need to get one of BenBen's smaller brookie nets 8)

If it weren't for the peanut gallery, I woulda never looked closely at that dispicable watch :-*
I believe a nother bloke on here suffered the same fate on that very creek on Monday, he reckons the brookie that did him in was 13". Shit, I better get up in there before he gets creeled by some hungry ass-whole! Hows the superfine working for ya? Gorgeous rod that one 'c;

ncguy

Quote from: The Dude on March 15, 2012, 10:50:38 AM
Nice looking fish.  That is certainly a good way to shake off the winter doldrums and kickoff the spring fishing season.

Oh, and I'll go ahead and start the stopwatch now to see how long it takes for you to get lambasted for a certain something in your report................. 8)

His hands do look mighty dry in several of those shots, but I'm guessin' they weren't.

Holmes

Good luck landing the pig next time.

I was out today as well. The dry fly bite was unlike anything i've ever seen up there. Caddis everywhere and brookies going nuts...

FoulHook

Haha, flashin that bling Orvis style.... Good looking fishes though.
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

tattdflythrower

hell yeh bro the superfine is workin its magic lookin for a 1 wt actually for my co.0 any ideas i was thinkin glass butt idk never tried it..

Transylwader

Quote from: tattdflythrower on March 15, 2012, 23:47:14 PM
hell yeh bro the superfine is workin its magic lookin for a 1 wt actually for my co.0 any ideas i was thinkin glass butt idk never tried it..
my mate TX built up several 0 & 1wts recently. TFO put em in production. Should be in fly shops by now. Sweet ass rods at a fraction of the price of a superfine. They will be 5' & 6' in length. He did build a custom to my specs & it came out at 5'10. Gonna put a ross colorado 0 on her.1wts are so off balance its quite a joke.sage has a 6'10 000wt. The problem is that the supposed reel to match doesn't balance the rod. So bummed my local forum on ultra lightweight fly rods was discontinued. Got to think outside the box...

The Dude

Quote from: Transylwader on March 16, 2012, 08:02:20 AM
So bummed my local forum on ultra lightweight fly rods was discontinued. Got to think outside the box...

Take a tip from Woolly and start up your own...................jis' offerin'
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

tattdflythrower

where can i get one of them fancy tx built tfos?

robspe7370

Nice report. Good looking water. Not carrying a net has cost me a few lunkers too.
I ain't here for a long time. I'm here for a good time.