News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

joing the F musky gang

Started by Woolly Bugger, January 15, 2013, 11:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

After dropping my son off at APP, I drove on up the road to visit with Stealrain and have a cold one! It was good to see him and Chidister happened to be there too. They had, for some strange reason, fished the DH on Wilson, and reported that the angler hatch was suffocating. But it was a nice day to be out.

The Chidister was planning a float on the FB with Socks on Monday and we made plans to fish. Seeing that it was going to rain all day, I went around a tried to located my missing L.L. Bean Gore-tex PacLight jacket, the one that has kept me dry for five years and went missing in late November. I checked at all the bars, cafe's and other places that I may have left it. No luck. I packed my Coleman Peak 1 jacket which I've purchased around 1987 for a canoe trip down that Allagash River. I don't have a high level of confidence in that jacket and when I got to Brevard I went to DRO and purchased a Simms jacket. As I leave the store I see Socks and Chidister's boat in the parking lot, perfect timing. We're off river, where we leave my car at the take out for the shuttle. At the put in we gear up and launch the drifter with Socks at the oars, the river is flowing at a pretty good clip, but there is a nice eddy just past the ramp and I looked like socks was going to push the boat into shore, but he misses it, turns around and can't get it back up stream. He's floating on down the steeply banked river. He managed to get it to the bank and hangs on to as we figure out how and where we can get in the boat. A short hike leads us to a little spot where we think we can get the boat into shore, and holler to socks to come on down. Thankfully he navigates to us and we finally get under way. 

The water is heavily stained and visibility is low, I go with yellow and Socks goes dark, Red and black I think. We fish for a while and finally I decide that I would fish better after a Dale's Pale Ale.  I took the sticks and we floated on down the river and after a while caught up to the DRO raft that put-in ahead of us. We pulled over for a beer break and let them get on ahead.

The action remained consistent, non-resistant, in a word slow. No fish were seen, although I would swear that I had a bump early on, but didn't report it at the time. 

the ride up Black Mountain

Chidister on the sticks

At the take out

waiting ...

At the take out, as I reached into my pocket, I discovered that my keys were missing. Oh, fuck! I searched everywhere, even taking off my waders in the hope that I missed my pocket and the keys were donw the leg. Calls were made to DRO and Socks and Chidister took off down the road leaving me to guard the boat beer. Thirty minutes later the DRO guide who had floated in front of us pulled up to offer assistance. Problem solved and Kudos to the Davidson River Outfitters for lending a hand. My keys were in the truck and all ended well.

I blame the whole key thing on lack of sleep, an Owl woke me up at five, screeching in the backyard, I don't know what it was doing other than making a racket and wearing full chest waders for the first time in a long time (not easy to reach the keys in the pants pocket).

So, today, when I got to the coffee shop, the Batista greats me with, "We found your jacket!!!", "Oh, great," I reply, "I just bought a new one yesterday."

Anybody want to buy a almost new (worn once) Simes jacket?

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Big J

Considering I'm buying a new gun, got a new rod, reel and line and my wife would kill me if I bought anything else...how much you want for the jacket?  Shipped to my work obviously

Sounds like some good memories were made.

snagaluffaguss

Was that Ken in the blue boat and helping you out with the keys?

Aka

Now I get your msg., would have been happy to help out but sounds like you didn't have to wait long.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: snagaluffaguss on January 15, 2013, 13:01:49 PM

I didn't catch his name, but yes to the Blue raft and white truck....

we asked for YOU at the shop...
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Jfey

Welcome to the club :D

Trying to figure out how I'm going to get out this weekend while visiting the inlaws in WV without being left there by my wife. 
Yup, going fishing

gmreeves

Time on the water!  That is what it takes.  Welcome to the club.

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on January 15, 2013, 13:37:59 PM

Yeah that is Ken Hardwick.

Damn good guy

Wish I was there when you called.  I was on Daddy Day Care Duty all day.  Course that wasn't bad either.

Glad it all worked out.

That take out is a bitch aint it.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: snagaluffaguss on January 15, 2013, 15:02:52 PM

Damn good guy

Wish I was there when you called.  I was on Daddy Day Care Duty all day.  Course that wasn't bad either.

Glad it all worked out.

yeah, it gave Chidester a workout on the trailer backing up ...

an we (I) just doing my part to give you Shop Rats something to talk about during the rainy season...
me -There's a season?

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on January 15, 2013, 15:13:51 PM
Quote from: snagaluffaguss on January 15, 2013, 15:02:52 PM

Damn good guy

Glad it all worked out.

yeah, it gave Chidester a workout on the trailer backing up ...

an we (I) just doing my part to give you Shop Rats something to talk about during the rainy season...

You'll have to do better than that to gain any fuck up fame around there.

I screw the pooch worse than that on something at least once a week.

kylemc

Old burnouts lose things like jackets,keys,etc 8) I am glad you found everything, especially the jacket. I told you 6 times it was not in my truck,boat,or house.

Transylwader

Woolly, you forgetful git! I guess you are at least trying out something other than the slut-ho or Triple Crown Deuce. Well played fellas. I suggest you speak to Blane Cocklett if you want a musky. I know I am...

Get Bent

Quote from: Transylwader on January 15, 2013, 17:13:34 PM
Woolly, you forgetful git! I guess you are at least trying out something other than the slut-ho or Triple Crown Deuce. Well played fellas. I suggest you speak to Blane Cocklett if you want a musky. I know I am...

You better books something soon. His schedule is filling up fast. Right now is peak musky time up there. Words getting out that you don't have to go to Wisco for world class musky.
Konichiwa Bitches!

RiverbumCO

You better books something soon. His schedule is filling up fast. Right now is peak musky time up there. Words getting out that you don't have to go to Wisco for world class musky.
[/quote]

Peak time and i cant even get a follow.  F MUSKY
My real name is Chad Farthouse.