Started by DRIFTS, April 03, 2013, 05:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRIFTS

Man, took for ever, but the white bass are finely in.  /'/
l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

Big J

How do white bass fight?

ryguy

Just curious, have you ever fished for them in the Dan?  Always heard that they ran out of Kerr and up both the Dan and Staunton rivers.

The Dude

As a kid, I remember getting into HUGE schools of white bass on the Potomac River at the mouth of the Occoquan River.  We'd anchor the boat and never move.  We'd use live minnows and after we exhausted our supply of live bait, we'd use the dead minnows in the bucket and the bass would hit them just as hard as the live bait.  It was good fun for a kid that doesn't care about what they catch, the size of the fish or what kind of technique to use, but who just wants constant action throughout the day. 
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

DRIFTS

Quote from: ryguy on April 03, 2013, 07:47:44 AM
Just curious, have you ever fished for them in the Dan?  Always heard that they ran out of Kerr and up both the Dan and Staunton rivers.
Hey Big J, pretty much fight dirty! They find anything they can to tangle and break you off-little bastards!

DRIFTS

Hey Ryguy, never fished for em in the Dan cause the Staunton is so much closer. They do run up from the kerr lake and some will hang around till mid summer. They pretty much are gone by mid May though, so- get it done early /'/

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

ryguy

That's what I've heard!  Never have to tell me twice to go fishing!