News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Need Some Help - Eden River Fest - Sept 19th

Started by Al, September 08, 2009, 11:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

Received this call for help from my friend Brian Williams who is with the Dan River Basin Association. Looks another great way to highlight the Smith and Dan River.  If you can help please contact Brian for more details. (It looks like he only needs the help on Sat, Sept 19th)

The 6th annual Eden River Fest will be held on
September 18th, 2009   
5:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m.

September 19th, 2009
10:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m.

Events include music and activities throughout both days

The venue is spread out along the streets in downtown Leaksville and also includes a "River Village"
at the Leaksville Landing on the Dan River.  This is the location the Dan River Basin Association will be holding several activities including the famous "Tub-o-Bugs, impact art course and casting demos.

Last year, myself and Darrin Doss held the casting clinics where we used a variety of rods and reels to allow youth and adults to try their hand at casting.  In addition, I also had a couple of fly rods for folks that were interested in fly fishing but had never experienced casting a flyrod.   I also had fish identification flyers to give out with the fish of the Dan River Basin id's.  I'll have these again this year.
Last year Darrin and I helped over 100 kids and adults with casting practice

I will hold a similar type opportunity this year but so far its just me, and I desperately need some help.
We have a volunteer manning the Tub-O-Bugs so I need some help with the casting demos.

Basically here is the plan;  I will bring our rods, mostly baitcasters so the kids can try out casting
We will have these at a table set up near the bridge at the Leaksville Landing.  When people come up and want to know about fishing the local rivers, we provide them with info and if they would like to try casting we help them with that as well.  I had a few last year to try out the fly rods but it was mostly kids casting the zebcos
We also gave away a few rods last year with a drawing, may do that again as well

Please contact me if you are available to help.  Anytime would be appreciated
Our activities will run about 8 am to 4 pm

Here is some more details on the event
http://www.exploreedennc.com/riverfest.html

Thanks
Brian

Brian M. Williams
Education, Outreach and Conservation Coordinator
Dan River Basin Association
3300 Kings Mountain Road
PO Box 7
Collinsville, VA 24078