News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

unlimited odds and ends

Started by Woolly Bugger, September 13, 2020, 08:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

Noise from industry insiders suggests a sheet of 15/32 OSB may reach $60 per board this year.  Many factors are contributing to this perfect storm.  Some are mentioned below, but wet/snowy weather is hampering harvest in various areas.  I've heard several plants are shutting down for a while. This is nuts considering the new home demand.

Are there enough trees to satisfy demand?  Probably not.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4395884-demand-lockdowns-make-wood-shortages-likely-in-2021

Dougfish

Price's going up on a shitty building material that won't stand the test of time.
My 1950's solid home's value keeps going up.  V:; 
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Big J

So my boat deck is going up in value?

Woolly Bugger

After Years Of Delays, California Tries To Tamp Down Salton Sea Dust

>>>California is spending more than $200 million to keep an unfolding ecological crisis from getting worse. The state wants to stabilize habitat along the southern bank of the Salton Sea, the state's largest lake.

That is good news for nearby residents concerned about their health, but the restoration could also affect everyone who draws water from the Colorado River.

https://tinyurl.com/yara72ws
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

I met up with Mudwall in my big town for lunch. Every once in a while he rolls down off the mountains. He gifted me an early 90's Scott 2 piece glass rod. F703 7' 3wt. Probably my nicest fiberglass rod. :o
And he bought Jacob, his son Nate and me lunch! He's a pretty good guy some days.  :laugh:
Thanks Steven! I'll fish it well.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

We love our researchers and you can too! UT Graduate Student, Jessica Braunstein, will be sharing details of her work on...

Posted by Great Smoky Mountains National Park on 
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

KINGFIELD, Maine — After several years of planning and fundraising, another beautiful piece of Maine has been permanently preserved.

Shiloh Pond in Kingfield is a relatively small but pristine pond, described by Brent West of the High Peaks Alliance as a good place for fly fishing and hiking. West said when he was younger and working at nearby Sugarloaf Resort, he would often head to Shiloh Pond after work to hike in and do some fishing.
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Penn State researchers looking for insights through wild trout coloring

>>>Looking for genetic clues in the coloring of wild brook and brown trout across Pennsylvania, Penn State researchers are asking anglers to share photos of the trout they catch.

They want anglers to submit photographs of their wild trout next to a gray card through the Survey123 app.

Any angler can request a gray card and instructions on how to download the app by completing a Google form.

The Survey 123 app will ask anglers questions about their catches, noted Sara Mueller, doctoral candidate in wildlife and fisheries science, adding that researchers promise that fishing locations will remain confidential and never be published as exact points.

https://www.pennlive.com/life/2021/04/penn-state-researchers-looking-for-insights-through-wild-trout-coloring.html
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

https://stevenspoint.news/2021/04/02/pbs-series-highlights-stevens-point-visionary/

'PBS Wisconsin Education Series "Carrie Frost: Fly Fishing Boss" was released on March 24

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/japan-to-dump-treated-radioactive-fukushima-water-into-ocean/ar-BB1fA7xg?ocid=uxbndlbing

Japan will release more than a million cubic meters of treated radioactive water from the wrecked Fukushima Dai-Ichi nuclear power plant into the Pacific Ocean, the government said Tuesday.

The controlled release won't occur for about another 2 years as Tokyo Electric Power Co. Holdings Inc. prepares for the process, according to a report from the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry. The water will be diluted before release, and the government will strengthen efforts to monitor radioactivity, METI said.
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

>>> The three Asian governments, all with coastlines nearby, swiftly criticized Japan's announcement Tuesday that it would conduct controlled releases that are expected to last for several decades. South Korea said the move posed a risk to the marine environment and the safety of neighboring countries, while China said it reserved the right to take further action.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-12/japan-to-dump-treated-radioactive-fukushima-water-into-ocean
me -There's a season?

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Onslow on April 13, 2021, 07:49:54 AMJust a fraction of the job openings for this company. So where are the all the unemployed people?

I'd say switchboard operators, VCR repairmen, milkmen, pinsetters at your local bowling alley, and elevator operators, to name a few.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

Private land along Wilson Creek donated to Foothills Conservancy for future gifting to the National Forest lands.

You cannot view this attachment.

https://www.foothillsconservancy.org/news2/wilson-creek-property-donated-to-foothills-conservancy-of-north-carolina

This is the general area... not exact but my guesstimates..

me -There's a season?