February Stars - Video TR

Started by FoulHook, February 05, 2012, 22:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoulHook

Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

benben reincarnated

Really nice job on the video Nick.    'c;

Today took a definitely better turn from yesterday's outing too.

I'm glad to see the second landing net I made is getting some proper field testing and use.   ;D

phlyfisher

good chit there mayne...maybe i should start chasing my browns in the big river on tiny little rods, looks like a hell of a fight  'c;

{S; fer catching fish as i caught diddly this weekend

nice video work  -0-

0:0

live action
FB@Ohio Fly Fishing

The Jesus

Brown trout are easy as brown sugars here, come west side you supremacist muthafucker. Me and Liam? We gonna fuck you up...

blue ridge angler

The Dude

I like your videos and it is inspiring me to want to start making my own.  That trashy stream is a good one for quick trips, but I think I may have to cross it off my list since it has been outed.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

FoulHook

Quote from: The Dude on February 06, 2012, 07:33:26 AM
I like your videos and it is inspiring me to want to start making my own.  That trashy stream is a good one for quick trips, but I think I may have to cross it off my list since it has been outed.

It is good. But still not many know of it. I have still yet to see anyone on or near the stream attempting to fish. The reason I keep going back is because no matter where I go, this one has produced the most fish consistently throughout the winter. Not only that, but the good fishing section is short, and even while setting up the camera and recording and going back for the camera, I fished it in only 4 hours. So it's a good option for the short winter days. When the clock springs forward, I will probably seek other streams. I'm sure I'll come back though, as it is becoming a favorite for half day trips. And it's so close to my house.

Glad you enjoyed the vid and found inspiration. It's really not too difficult to start making them. Just a little creativity and I pretty much fly by the seat of my pants recording and editing.
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

The Dude

There are definitely some bruisers in that stream, as well.  Wait until April and fish it with a yellow stimulator.  Every few drifts, pull the fly under and strip it aggressively back to you like a small streamer and you will get a few of the larger browns to hammer it.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Dougfish

bd;0
Good stuff. The fishin' and the video!

Transylwader

The staircase. I remember hooking into God knows how many browns in that section above the falls last year, getting unbuttoned on ever single one, taking a skunking and then proceeding to get tore up by the brier that grows on the side of the bank one uses to escape from the view of the McCall fucktards on the top of PF rd. I reckon Im gonna fish from the hatchery up through Johnnies in late spring and have me a big ole fish fry up :P

robs_seven

Good looking fish man, nice freaking video.
!!!Tying, building, fishing!!!

Quote from: Transylwader on June 25, 2012, 09:04:59 AM
This creek was so big that a high hole was virtually impossible.

The Dude

There must be something from those telescopes and satellite dishes that receive radio signals from deep space that makes the browns grow to well around there.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Transylwader on February 06, 2012, 10:44:28 AM
The staircase. I remember hooking into God knows how many browns in that section above the falls last year, getting unbuttoned on ever single one, taking a skunking and then proceeding to get tore up by the brier that grows on the side of the bank one uses to escape from the view of the McCall fucktards on the top of PF rd. I reckon Im gonna fish from the hatchery up through Johnnies in late spring and have me a big ole fish fry up :P

I had many cuts from said briers. 

I remember that first ledge was a good one above the falls, but we never had much luck in the subsequent ones upstream.

Transylwader

Quote from: The Dude on February 06, 2012, 11:01:35 AM
There must be something from those telescopes and satellite dishes that receive radio signals from deep space that makes the browns grow to well around there.
There was a spook station up on FR 140B for the paranoid US back in the cold war. Ruskie spies bru. Then the locals found out about the 20" browns and zapped their arses b';

Holmes