Walt... Sage casting analyser?

Started by Peddler, January 14, 2006, 07:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peddler

Well? Izzit set up yet?

and what about those JWO 'toon wheels, still want 'em?
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

walt

Quote from: Peddler on January 14, 2006, 07:42:48 AM
Well? Izzit set up yet?

and what about those JWO 'toon wheels, still want 'em?

yes, it's up.... but not quite runnin' good yet..... either operator malfunction or 'puter failing to communicate.... or most likely, a combination of both.  hope to have all fixed next week...

yes to the wheels... wanna trade fer sumthin?

wally
"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

Stuart R.

That is getting way to complex. A computer to tell me my cast sucks! Like you can't look and tell. Or that you never hit your target that should be a determining factor too. But oh well, just more of my opinions.

STU
CPR Catch, Photo, Release.

Peddler

Yer right, Stuart.

Walt, drop a note when it's bug free. It can't do much more than hurt my already sensitive feelings!

and yes, we can swap for something. Let me get the better end of the deal this time!  ;)

Stuart R.

Ya I can see it now like. Cast, cast, cast it would beep and say system error. Notes would read the devices should be used only by persons age 5 and above! Or say please don't use under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Then the shop owner would be trying to set me up with costly one on one casting lessons.

STU

Peddler

Then again, it could also help improve your cast.

stretch

Quote from: Peddler on January 15, 2006, 22:54:01 PM
Then again, it could also help improve your cast.
Exactly, Who would want to do that 8@S?? Improve their cast ::)??? Hopefully I can make it to the local shop that has it and try it out.
Stretch

Stuart R.

Sure it may help. I could use all I can get. But I do the old fasion thing get next to the house watch your loop shadow on the house. It will show you alot. I know my score would be all to crap on that sage rod. WAY to fast for me. I like traditional rods. I need to be a bamboo fisherman. But just can't afford it. STU

flatlander

OK...at first I thought this thread was a one of good natured  Peddler's pranks but I just googled "Sage Casting Analyzer" and see that this thing is for real.  This sport is starting to look more and more like golf.  What next, a beer girl in waders walking down the stream seeling budweisers and hot dogs?   ;D

That's might be kind of nice actually. 0--0

Mstash

Rod Champion

Stu- if you like tradional rods- you need a Winston ;D
Rod + Matt Champion
Fly Shop/ Guide Service
Located ON the S. Holston River
423-878-2822

walt

Quote from: Peddler on January 14, 2006, 07:42:48 AM
Well? Izzit set up yet?

yabba dabba doooooo... i think she's up and runnin.... i'll know for sure tomorrow when i can actually do a measured cast over on the courthouse lawn.  :)

most of all the problems boiled down to a bad battery..... sheesh

wally
"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

Stuart R.

Ya Rod  I am a sucker for those ol slow rods. I guess I am kinda slow myself! I have thought of a Winston. I picked up a 9ft 2 wt in LRO oh me god what a jewel slow and like a wet noodle. Seems like people now want a rod stiff as a stick. I don't, well did build that 5wt on a fast action well med fast but it is a rod for windy days and throwing heavy stuff on Holston. I learned to cast on a Orvis Rocky MTN 9ft 4wt that is a full flex I still have it and love it still. But I'll keep the WInstons in mind. But I think I just need to buy a bamboo.

STU

flatlander

Walt,

How exactly does the thing work?

walt

Quote from: flatlander on January 19, 2006, 12:03:47 PM
Walt,

How exactly does the thing work?

here's a googled article link... (scroll to bottom):

http://www.flyrodreel.com/index.php/page/issues/sku/FRR2006_0102/id/19037

flat.... exactly is relative  :)
— Cormac McCarthy