News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Bullhead Blues

Started by diaz dassie, November 29, 2009, 13:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diaz dassie

Went up Bullhead yesterday.Weather was glorious, however, the fishing was awefully slow.Fished Beat 5 and picked up just one brownie. Was rather pissed to find the stream bed littered with beer cans. >:(
Anybody been up there recently?Where are the brooks? :(
Hope everyone else did alot better this weekend...

JA

From what I have heard not alot of good fishing on Bullhead anymore.Some A##hole came in there last year and netted alot of fish.Probably the same kind of A##hole left the beer cans.

Woolly Bugger

I would a) have packed that crap out b) notified the ranger ...

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

diaz dassie

Picked up what I saw, didn't see any rangers tho.Hopefully the rangers will be all over catching these jackasses 0--0

flatlander

Beat 5 on Bullhead sucks.  Was the place full and that was your only choice?  It has very few pools and good holding water compared to the other sections.  That said, the biggest fish I ever heard of being caught on Bullhead was supposedly caught on section 5. 

diaz dassie

Yeah, Section 6&7 were taken and someone was on 2 while I got there, Richmountain is a pain in the ass and I guess because it was 2PM when I got there, I didn't want to do the gauntlet and hit 8 (which is my favorite)because my fly would have spent a hot hour on the water.5 is ok, I guess i like this plunge pools and pockets. I have always caught the bulk of my catch in 7 and 8. Theres a feeder creek way up there, I think is called Horse Cove Branch, theres some gems way up there.And the water was another issue, it's very cold so maybe the fish are sulking in Section 2's big pools and avoiding the locals...

flatlander

Quote from: diaz dassie on November 30, 2009, 15:42:56 PM
Yeah, Section 6&7 were taken and someone was on 2 while I got there, Richmountain is a pain in the ass and I guess because it was 2PM when I got there, I didn't want to do the gauntlet and hit 8 (which is my favorite)because my fly would have spent a hot hour on the water.5 is ok, I guess i like this plunge pools and pockets. I have always caught the bulk of my catch in 7 and 8. Theres a feeder creek way up there, I think is called Horse Cove Branch, theres some gems way up there.And the water was another issue, it's very cold so maybe the fish are sulking in Section 2's big pools and avoiding the locals...

Cool...sounds like you know the layout.  5 is a total waste of time--you might as well be jacking-off spiders.  You probably would have been better off taking 4 or 1 and bouncing back and forth between the home pool while you rested your beat.  I always preferred 7 or 8 too. 0--0

troutfreak

Sounds just like our DH water in Haywood County.  I took my 9 yr old out Saturday to put him on a few to catch and I be dang if all we caught were beer cans and 12 pack boxes.  He didnt land a thing, he was so excieted to go.  Thats really the only time I fish DH is when the kids want to fish to be sure they hook up.  I know this years stocking must have not been like anything last year because the fish were bigger and more plentiful.  Unless the beer capers stole all the fish.  Anyway, disappointment for my son, I guess I gonna have to take him on a blueline and teach him to fish for wild.  Probably make him a better fisherman anyway.