News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smith

Started by 5xTippett, June 13, 2010, 16:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5xTippett

I headed back to Bassett Saturday.  I had checked the generation schedule Friday and they were supposed to be generating from 2 until 6 Saturday.  I figured I would fish downstream until around 5:30 and would head upstream and be waiting when they cut the water off and follow it down until dark.  When I arrived in Bassett around 2 it had just finished a pretty serious thunderstorm.  I sat in the car for a while until the rain slacked off and the lightning passed.  I finally hopped out and started fishing.  I caught a few in the first spot in between showers.  I did catch a couple of decent browns in this spot, though. When it was raining it was dead.  I headed back downstream after about an hour and went to the spot I had been fishing on the way home the last few trips.  I figured I had about 45 minutes before the water came up.  I did pretty good for a while.  I looked at my watch and decided I had better hit the road before I got washed downstream.  As I rode through Bassett I noticed there was no water generating.  I called the number for the generation schedule and it had been changed to no generation.  Well I guess that beats the heck out of generating when they say they aren't.  I rode on upstream a ways and hit the water again.  It was a little slow for the first 20 minutes and then they started cranking up.  I had about an hour when it was about as good as it gets on this river ( for me at least).  I got in a pod of decent sized rainbows that had gotten overlooked apparently.  I saw no bugs to speak of, and as usual for this time of the year I caught everything on beetles.  I did see one other fly fisherman.  He hopped in the water in front of me about the time I was beginning to realize I could not feel my toes anymore.  He couldn't see me because of the fog.  I had all of the fun I could stand anyway, so it gave me an excuse to head home.

diaz dassie

Yeah man! See you tore 'em up using terrestrials. After my trip to SNP about a week ago and taking some advice, the browns and brooks have had no chance! (Havent caught a rainbow in over a month) Nice looking fish! -0-
TW

Woolly Bugger

looks like you slayed 'em once again!  0:0
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutrus

Nice report. Glad you caught some. By the looks of the pictures, I assume you're doing your part in reducing the population.  0:0