News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Breaking in the Carp Skiff - TR’s

Started by Get Bent, June 28, 2011, 22:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Get Bent

I call it a carp skiff, but in reality its an old jon boat. Thanks to Bullship and a lurker for their help in building this! I had taken a series of pictures documenting the build and today I accidentially deleted them :gun . So the best I can do is a before and after. Kinda like before and after Meth! She is decked in plywood coated in a marine grade epoxy, and then a coat of Herculiner. She had a busted crooked poling platform that I built out of some shit I found at the hardware store, but I upgraded to a nicely welded one, which is straight and more sturdy. I added a bow mount trolling motor, rod holders, and an onboard battery charger. She set complete in my driveway for a better part of two months while I waited on my motor to be fixed. Damn ethanol! So last week I get the call from by boat repair guy saying my motor is ready. hells yeah, so it was time to break her in. I hit a few lakes over the past week. Some days were a bust others were like Christmas. Here are some pics from my prospects.  :smile

Before

After

Some Fishes and stuff...

Konichiwa Bitches!

diaz dassie

Dayum Bo, how many floatillas you got now? Next thing, you got a one man vessel to float up bluelines :o

snagaluffaguss

troutrus

Nice job on the conversion. What length is the boat?
Don't know where you live, but check this out to see if there is ethanol free gas near you.
http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=NC

Get Bent

Quote from: troutrus on June 29, 2011, 07:14:40 AM
Nice job on the conversion. What length is the boat?
Don't know where you live, but check this out to see if there is ethanol free gas near you.
http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=NC

My Buddy trouts, how are ya? The boat is a 15 ft Polar Craft Mod-v. Thanks for the info. I live in WNC. I think some of my gas stations around here sell premium grade without ethanol, or I can just buy it at the marina. My boat guy said to use Sta-bil. He said it seems to work on his boats. We shall see!

Hey Tranny, you wait, I am gonna Pioneer the Blue Line float trip! Watch out.... -0-
Konichiwa Bitches!

MarshStomper

Hell bring it to the coast and you chase some reds  :D . Sweet job.
"In this world there are two kinds of people my friend those with loaded guns and those who dig, you dig" --The Good