News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Boo, Buggers and Bows

Started by Trout Chaser, January 01, 2009, 20:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout Chaser

Met up with FT and his brother to get the year started right by spending the day in a stream 0--0  We rarely got to fish together this past year and decided that 2009 would be much different.  Only wish the weather would have cooperated.  The warming trend of earlier in the week yielded to the high winds yesterday and brought in the coldest temps of the year.

Despite the cold and the delayed opening of the store to get our passes we were glad to just get out. 
While rigging up one of a few buggies that passed by.

The stream had good flow but my fishing instincts were much delayed.  When we decided to break for a late lunch FT was the only one to have brought one to hand and I had lost the four that I had on briefly.  o-o  On the first stretch after lunch FT showed us what we were after.

Head shot...

I finally got the skunk off and landed my first fish of 2009 at 4:40 PM  In the next 20 minutes I landed two more making it 3 for 2009.

A great start to the new year.  The boo worked well and the fly of the day for me was an olive soft hackle bugger.

Let's hope 2009 brings me many more fishing days with friends than 2008 did.

TC

Woolly Bugger

looks like a beadhead allie worm to me...

good cheer to you guys for gettin' out in the cold ...

I hope to be fishing tomorrow and Sunday...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

Not a bad day at all guys!......good job, sounds like you guys braved the weather and had fun.... 0--0
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

9ft4wt

TC:

Glad to see you out fishing. There are some pigs in that little creek. Did you guys have any luck downstream in the hole in the corner? it was stacked with biggun's last time iI was out there.

9ft4wt

FT

It sure was a good way to bring in 2009.  Didn't seem quite as cold once we got on the stream as it did waiting for the store to open. 
Charter Member Shenandoah Valley Irregulars

Shane

I gots to get back up there this year.

S

ColdOnTheShoulder

Looks like fun guys. Last I was there it was in the teens and if I hadn't decided to throw a couple streamers in the last hour, I would have been skunked. They seem to want that protein in the winter. Can't wait for that glorious hopper fishing this summer.  ;hb

Gofisher

Nice report and good looking feesh!
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.