News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

French Broad 8/21

Started by peter p, August 21, 2007, 21:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter p

Ran to the French Broad after work today.  Fished from 6 - 830.  Caught 7 smallies.  Most of them were about 6 inches.  Only two were about 12 inches.  Used a white woolly bugger and and chartruese popper.  730 - 830 was the best time to be on the river as the action really picked up on the top water stuff once the sun started to set.   
Peter

Woolly Bugger

Tell Disco where you be wading, he fished it all day Saturday and came up with a skunk

and for crying out loud get a camera and show us some fish or beer!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

kylemc

Quote from: peter p on August 21, 2007, 21:37:55 PM
  Used a white woolly bugger and and chartruese popper..   

I wonder why white works on the other side of the mountain and not here?......seriously

peter p

I have a camera, I just never bring it anywhere.  And if I did, I still can't size my pitcures correctly.   :)

And, here is some beer 0--0 for you!

As far as white goes, I attribute it to beginners luck. 
Peter

Discomidge

What section PP?  We floated from Bent Creek down to the next takeout, caught 4-5 little guys and one decent 12" and a ton of bream...I finally moved off the bank to get outta them, although several were nice but most were smaller than my flies  ;D
Second time I've floated that stretch...first time I attributed the lack of fish to dirty water, this time the water was fairly clear for the FB...maybe not one of the better floats?  dunno

Kim 8)

peter p

Floated from Jean Webb to Woodfin on Sunday.  We didn't bring the rods because  it was  hot and we wanted to get off the water early.  But, noticed a decent looking place with easy wading access while doing the float.  I was by Pearson Bridge I believe. 
Peter