News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

funk...

Started by Woolly Bugger, November 21, 2011, 09:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Happy Birthday, Dr. John!

As much as I wanted to go chase brookies in the SNP with Petey and Trannywader, I was obligated to take my daughter to get her learners permit and to take her driving Saturday. We're also working a building a home recording studio and perhaps an iso booth. But I claimed Sunday, and despite not wanting to get up in the morning I was able to hit the road before sunrise.  Forty-five minutes down the sky looked like this and I was thinking BWOs.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Nothing eventful on the drive over other than another screwed up McDonalds order, I want my Country Ham Biscuit Damn it! The morning clouds broke and full on sun was shining on the water when I arrived, it was also a balmy 57 degrees. My first choice looked too busy so I drove on up river only to find a bunch of fuckers fishing a run that I've had to myself on many occasions. I parked upstream at another run and, despite two spinners across the way, I made my way out into the run. I pounded the water and only caught a few rainbows, hooked one big brown but didn't land it, while all the time keeping an eye on the five assholes downstream. Finally a hole opened up and I hiked downstream. I hit all of the usually productive runs but didn't have too much luck. In fact it was depressingly slow and my fly box was missing some key SoHo flies....

I took all the punishment that I could stand and when I big fish broke me off I decided that I had enough. I headed for Webb's for a late lunch only to find out that I was too late for the buffet, but I snagged a piece of pie and some tea. Then I headed down to the run I passed in the morning. There was only one car parked there, and a guy was wading out. I was Rhody, he'd been slaying them and was headed out for a snad. I spied this DSFK, that's the way it's done 'round here.

I must have left my mojo at home , back luck continued, an when Rhody showed back up he schooled me . I moved on down and ended the day with a few more fish and a cold beer courtesy of Rhody.

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Holmes

Alright Keith thats some solid chit... Glad you got some good fishing in regardless of making up this way or not...

Now on sunday it was the best brookie day i've had all year. One of those fish on every cast type days, but it was a long hike with no trails and steep terrain, don't know if you would have been into that part.

Solid reportage...

The Dude

If that is a funk, then you are living the good life.

Also, DFSK?

http://www.interfreestyle.co.uk/DFSK/
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

OldDominionAngler

This TR reeks of fall fishing...stellar pics. 

I've never seen more dead deer than on that road.  Couple years ago was fishing in the fall and there must have been a splattered cracass beside it every 25 yards.

Transylwader

Bloody oath mate, thats some weekend. Learners licenses, high holeage, half a slabbo deer and some bruisers to boot. Some people have a golden horse shoe shoved way up there ;)

benben reincarnated

top notch nice stuff as always woolly.   'c;

nice beer, I used to drink a lot of Newcastle, might have to pick some up again for old-times sake.

ncguy

DSFK-Deer Seperated From Killer or Dope Stuff For Kids, no, no, pretty sure it's Deer Seperated From Killer.

AL trout bum

Nice! Those browns have me itching to get back up that way!
"Sloppy and rough wading have saved more trout than any regulation written by man."

Aka

Some nice looking fish there. Your 'funk' was WAY better than my funk this weekend.
I ended up with 2 for the entire day on Sunday, the biggest...4"  b';

Jfey

Yup, going fishing