Mockingbird Variant? (Updated Photos)

Started by Dee-Vo, August 23, 2019, 21:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee-Vo

This morning I spied out at my feeders as I always do only to be surprised by this whitish mockingbird. Is it just me, or does its color look very washed out? Maybe another species that I'm unaware of? Thoughts? I'm thinking it's molting most likely this time of year. Phone camera sucks.

The odd thing is that I really never have those at the feeders. Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troutrus

Leucistic or not, they are the most aggressive little bastards in the yard, i.e. they don't like to share. 

Dee-Vo

Quote from: troutrus on August 24, 2019, 07:06:12 AMLeucistic or not, they are the most aggressive little bastards in the yard, i.e. they don't like to share. 

True. Bossy, they are.

Do any of you have them at feeders often? Surprisingly enough, I have catbirds very often to feed and make use of my birdbath. Mockingbirds, however, are rare to eat seed for me.

troutrus

Over here they seem to like suet, so when I see them around I remove the suet immediately. Hate the little bastards and their repertoire of songs, 'cause when they're here I don't see much else.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: troutrus on August 25, 2019, 09:17:05 AMOver here they seem to like suet, so when I see them around I remove the suet immediately. Hate the little bastards and their repertoire of songs, 'cause when they're here I don't see much else.

Odd. I also have suet very closeby, and the bird never give it any attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pansyman

You can lead a horticulture<br />but you can't make her think.<br /><br />Only users lose weed.