Specks with a side of beer..

Started by blue ridge angler, June 09, 2011, 08:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue ridge angler

Yesterday me and WNCP met up early to head for some high elevation brookies..
After a stop to pick up some beer, combos, and black angus beef sticks we made our way up to gods country..
With terrestrial season now upon us I had tied up some beetles and in hopes that they would work, and they were basically the only flies that I brought..They worked well, and the dry fly action was non stop..With highs of only 78* it was a great way to get out of the extreme heat that has been parching us in the foothills for weeks and we fished as far upstream as the unforgiving landscape would allow before turning back..

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Till next time..

Woolly Bugger

:o you guys suck   :o
bd;0 -0- bd;0 'c; -0-
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

It was 95 here yesterday and I had to work. :P Needless to say you guys
SUCK

Never had any of that Southern Hemisphere, how does it taste?
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

snagaluffaguss

Nice.... 'c;

I see your camera is no longer on the fritz...does your phone still work? 8)

Those wading socks you asked for are at the shop

blue ridge angler

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on June 09, 2011, 09:30:33 AM
It was 95 here yesterday and I had to work. :P Needless to say you guys
SUCK

Never had any of that Southern Hemisphere, how does it taste?

95 around our way as well, and me and permit have been working outside alot of the time..I feel your pain..
The southern hemi is a hop lovers dream..lots of citrus, and floral notes..Oh so good..It would pair perfectly with something like grilled halibut..

Quote from: snagaluffaguss on June 09, 2011, 09:31:51 AM
Nice.... 'c;

I see your camera is no longer on the fritz...does your phone still work? 8)

Those wading socks you asked for are at the shop

Sorry man, left the phone in the bedroom this morning and never heard your call..Got your msg about the socks and will pick them up as soon as possible..If you guys opened at 8 I would have got them yesterday..I was wishing I had them I can tell you..

Trout Maharishi

Grilled Halibut hell.....................fried taters and Brook Trout ;D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

blue ridge angler

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on June 09, 2011, 10:06:32 AM
Grilled Halibut hell.....................fried taters and Brook Trout ;D

You ain't just whistlin' dixie.. 'c;

diaz dassie

My boy Foulhook was trying to hit it. May have to divert him. Those brookies for some reason (in fact all of theose brookie streams) can never be fished back to back days with success. They get put down for a long azz time. Nice, it's been about 3 weeks since I saw that creek in all it's glory. Lemme know when you wanna sore lip some specks. Im recovering from detal surgery for the next 2, so maybe Jne 24th weekend? Heck, week days will work too -0-

blue ridge angler

Here's a little vid of Permit catching a couple of nice brookies..

Phil

lostnwilderness

"I read The Bible once. You know God and Jesus and all them apostles? They were all fishermen, just like me. Yeah, straight to heaven for Mick Dundee. Yep, me and God... We'd be mates."

snagaluffaguss

benben reincarnated

Good stuff...that 2nd pic is one of the sweetest pictures I've seen in a while, nice work.   'c;

The Dude

Specks with a side of beer is a really good thing.  Fortunately for me, I believe I was able to out-do you.  After work Wednesday, I was able to enjoy beer with a side of snatch at my hotel room in Columbia.  Suckas.   :P
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

blue ridge angler

Quote from: The Dude on June 10, 2011, 11:56:36 AM
Specks with a side of beer is a really good thing.  Fortunately for me, I believe I was able to out-do you.  After work Wednesday, I was able to enjoy beer with a side of snatch at my hotel room in Columbia.  Suckas.   :P

"You mean vagina?"