News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Spring Creekin'

Started by JWJ, November 11, 2011, 15:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JWJ

Fished the VA spring creek everyone loves to hate. This creek and can be a bitch and humbles you more often than not, but occasionally she'll reward you for all of you hard work. Yesterday I got mine. Midges and BWOs galore. Few pictures of some of the fish.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Celebratory Brew

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Gofisher

Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

Holmes

Catching a chunky brown like that out of the cow turd creek is no small task. Good work.

JWJ

I think 420 is my favorite from them but I do enjoy the IPA . Can't get it up here so I have to load up every time I go to NC or one of my buddies comes up to visit.

tomato can

Is that bufflalo creek you caught them fish?  that stream has kicked my tail a couple of times.  reduced me to chuckin' rocks.  If it is/was buffalo creek congrats, that is pretty impressive.

JWJ

Transylwader

H to the Y. Sickness dude! 'c;

tomato can

Good that makes me feel better that it was not the buffalo.  I am threw with buffalo creek.  I can catch trout on Mossy but I have never seen a trout on buffalo creek - even with the rock chuckin'

The Dude

Quote from: JWJ on November 13, 2011, 17:17:20 PM
I think 420 is my favorite from them but I do enjoy the IPA . Can't get it up here so I have to load up every time I go to NC or one of my buddies comes up to visit.

420>>Motor Boat>>IPA
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

fish_junkie

where do you buy sweet water? order it online? and glad to see another dead head on the forum  -0-
Fly Fish Stoned

Grannyknot

Quote from: fish_junkie on November 28, 2011, 13:28:58 PM
where do you buy sweet water? order it online? and glad to see another dead head on the forum  -0-

TN/NC/GA have it.  Not sure why VA doesn't have it.
Considering that you all can get Bells Two Hearted ale, I'd say fuck some sweetwater ipa.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

fish_junkie

thanks, i live about an hour from NC so ill have to make a trip down there to buy a few cases  ;D, and bells is delicious!
Fly Fish Stoned

natureboy

Nice work JWJ!

Quote from: fish_junkie on November 28, 2011, 13:28:58 PM

In Blacksburg you can get it at the Vintage Cellar, might also be able to get it at the Cellar bar/restaurant.