News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

I went to the dump today....

Started by Beetle, December 27, 2008, 11:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beetle

So sad.  I remember the good ole days when you could drive up into the landfill and start unloading right there in close proximity to the mammoth trash movers and bulldozers.  Often people would spend the day there treasure hunting while swarms of seagulls shat all over them.   Many a car and truck got stuck with flat tires and the smell was pungent yet tolerable.

Nowadays you pay at the gate and pull up to a big container that is then hauled up to the landfill.

Maybe its just nostalgia- like two newspapers a day, the milkman, etc. but I miss the old dump.

Hope all of you are out fishing today!   0--0

Sincerely, Bored beetle

troutphisher

Ya, I am stuck at home too......damn cold
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

teachrtec

We recycled before it was trendy like that. Remember my dad getting a milk crate full of axe heads out one day. You didn't buy cats. Friendly guy got a ride to the stock barn and one square meal on the house if he earned his keep. Wife bought our current cat. Sleeps inside when it cold  ???
Brad  8)

Fire-Fly

Quote from: troutphisher on December 27, 2008, 12:17:47 PM
Ya, I am stuck at home too......damn cold
Sorry to here it, we got out here on the smith but the fish must hsve been sick too.

Al

Went crappie fishing today. Foggy as all hell - couldn't see the bank if you were not within 30 yards of it. There was a bass tournament going on and every once in awhile one of them bass boats would roar out of the fog heading to their next honey hole. Surprised one of them did not collide with someone or run up on the bank.

Caught a few nice crappie but nothing like last week when we slayed them.

Beetle

OK- I have now watched over 1/2 of Band of Brothers on History HD.  I love this series.

Sincerely,
Really bored Beetle

Woolly Bugger

I just got back from the So Ho! Processing pictures now....

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Beetle

UPDATE- IMPORTANT TV WATCHING NEWS

I watched the entire Band of Brothers series last night.  Talk about lazy!!!!   8@S

Woolly Bugger

I can't believe that you haven't been to the dump in the last 20 years....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

flatlander

Beetle,

I had an extra paint brush.  The whole Band of Brothers series?  Pathetic....but it is good. 0--0

By the way.  They will still let you bypass the containers and drive your crap out to the bulldozer at the dump.