News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

SoHo 6.30.09

Started by WoodrowCall, June 30, 2009, 18:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodrowCall

I finally got up to the SoHo today. I got to the river at about 9 or so and started fishing along Big Springs Rd. The fishing was really slow. I tried a couple nymphs the fly shop gave me, but never had any luck with them. I moved around a lot since this was my first time on the river, but I never got them dialed in. I didn't get any pictures since my Canon is at the factory getting serviced. It was pretty frustrating; I ended up landing a few, the biggest was a brownie about 13" or so. I caught every fish on a PT dropper. I saw a glimpse of the sulphurs right before the water started running at about 2:30 or so. There were actually a good many fishermen on the river, more than I expected. SoHo fly shop said that the fishing along the road is falling off and the fishing from the TVA on up was better. I wanted to stay the night and fish tomorrow, but they're running water from noon-8 again, so I headed home. It was a rough intro to the SoHo, but I'll definitely get up there again in the next week or so and give it another shot, this time above the weir dam. Also, I'll hopefully have my camera back and I can take some pics.