News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

gravel cufffs

Started by B Loy, January 30, 2006, 19:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Loy

I need to buy some gravel cuffs since the ones on my waders don't excatly stay put anymore. The little hook thingy at the end doesn't do it's little hook thing anymore.  :(  Does anybody have any strong recommendations on a particular brand or style?   Thanks all!
Barry

FT

I got a pair with zippers from Cabelas.  Kept loosing the ones that attach with velco. 
Charter Member Shenandoah Valley Irregulars

badankles

i'd go with what FT recommended b/c he's definitely been at it more than i.  with that said, i should have asked the experts first (like you did) before purchasing the pair i got.  i got a cheap pair with velcro from orvis via ebay for $10.  got it from the same seller with this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Orvis-Gravel-Guards-NEW_W0QQitemZ7215833624QQcategoryZ23824QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
when's a newbie no longer a newbie...

badankles

well, dang, there you go.  can't beat a better deal.
when's a newbie no longer a newbie...

B Loy

FT   Do you like those?
Barry

FT

I like them best of any I've tried. They are harder to get on than the velcro ones, but you don't have to worry about them coming off. 
Charter Member Shenandoah Valley Irregulars

Grumpy

I've got a pair from Orvis that i've owned for more years than i can remember. They've outlasted 3 pair of waders & still going strong.

Grumpy

outdoorguy3

Quote from: FT on January 31, 2006, 18:23:57 PM
I like them best of any I've tried. They are harder to get on than the velcro ones, but you don't have to worry about them coming off. 

Tim,
One tip, clean the zippers every now and then and lube em with bar soap! 

Ralph ;D
Life's about havin' FUN!!!

Rod Champion

I like the velcro ones form Hodgeman. I know I sell them, but I really like the velcro over the zipper. You just wrap them around, velcor them up and bingo, it is over.
Rod + Matt Champion
Fly Shop/ Guide Service
Located ON the S. Holston River
423-878-2822