News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smith

Started by 5xTippett, June 13, 2010, 16:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5xTippett

I headed back to Bassett Saturday.  I had checked the generation schedule Friday and they were supposed to be generating from 2 until 6 Saturday.  I figured I would fish downstream until around 5:30 and would head upstream and be waiting when they cut the water off and follow it down until dark.  When I arrived in Bassett around 2 it had just finished a pretty serious thunderstorm.  I sat in the car for a while until the rain slacked off and the lightning passed.  I finally hopped out and started fishing.  I caught a few in the first spot in between showers.  I did catch a couple of decent browns in this spot, though. When it was raining it was dead.  I headed back downstream after about an hour and went to the spot I had been fishing on the way home the last few trips.  I figured I had about 45 minutes before the water came up.  I did pretty good for a while.  I looked at my watch and decided I had better hit the road before I got washed downstream.  As I rode through Bassett I noticed there was no water generating.  I called the number for the generation schedule and it had been changed to no generation.  Well I guess that beats the heck out of generating when they say they aren't.  I rode on upstream a ways and hit the water again.  It was a little slow for the first 20 minutes and then they started cranking up.  I had about an hour when it was about as good as it gets on this river ( for me at least).  I got in a pod of decent sized rainbows that had gotten overlooked apparently.  I saw no bugs to speak of, and as usual for this time of the year I caught everything on beetles.  I did see one other fly fisherman.  He hopped in the water in front of me about the time I was beginning to realize I could not feel my toes anymore.  He couldn't see me because of the fog.  I had all of the fun I could stand anyway, so it gave me an excuse to head home.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

diaz dassie

Yeah man! See you tore 'em up using terrestrials. After my trip to SNP about a week ago and taking some advice, the browns and brooks have had no chance! (Havent caught a rainbow in over a month) Nice looking fish! -0-
TW

Woolly Bugger

looks like you slayed 'em once again!  0:0
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutrus

Nice report. Glad you caught some. By the looks of the pictures, I assume you're doing your part in reducing the population.  0:0