News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smith-Continued

Started by 5xTippett, June 17, 2012, 16:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow, 22midge and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Onslow

Quote from: Dee-Vo on August 11, 2016, 08:26:16 AM
Quote from: Onslow on August 11, 2016, 05:38:36 AM
You all need to expand your stream portfolios. 

Crossed the Smith many times this year, and not once did i stop. 

Buffalo Mt VA is where its at.  Ample ripe forbidden fruit behind the fences waiting for those daring enough to partake.

I'm interested. You game?

Sure, when time avails itself.  Too damn busy at the moment.  Still have 20 hours of weekend mentoring to bust out before the year is out, and scouting, as well as everything else.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Onslow on August 11, 2016, 11:26:35 AM
Quote from: Dee-Vo on August 11, 2016, 08:26:16 AM
Quote from: Onslow on August 11, 2016, 05:38:36 AM
You all need to expand your stream portfolios. 

Crossed the Smith many times this year, and not once did i stop. 

Buffalo Mt VA is where its at.  Ample ripe forbidden fruit behind the fences waiting for those daring enough to partake.

I'm interested. You game?

Sure, when time avails itself.  Too damn busy at the moment.  Still have 20 hours of weekend mentoring to bust out before the year is out, and scouting, as well as everything else.

I know the feeling. My workload has multiplied times a billion over the last month or two. I've officially taken full-responsibility at the store as Store Manager. Free-time has been necked-down terribly. Nature of the beast.

I'd like to locate some off-the-grid shit that sees very little to no traffic. I'm in for that tough shit. You know, the type of place that you have to plan out, and the type that makes you wonder why the hell you're there once you finally get there.....

Headwaters we've mentioned in the past still haunt me. I'm looking forward to it. I may have scored more access (legally), but I'm failing to remember if I've mentioned it to you.

I hope all you assholes go fishing soon. I'm feeling the strain.

driver

Quote from: NCsporksman on August 11, 2016, 10:35:55 AM
I'll be out saturday. Looks like my smiff box will stay home

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Let's go carpin.

NCsporksman

Where's at?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

driver

Anywhere the water is not dirty

driver

Which rules the triangle and east out

driver

revfox

Quote from: driver on August 16, 2016, 21:50:11 PM
http://www.meetup.com/triangleflyfishers/events/232896708/?rv=ea2

to many shit shows in one place

Wow...never been to one of these meetings but this might be a good one to start. I guess he is just advertising? Did he miss the turn for the Triangle Paddling Club?

Onslow

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

AAGoldsmith

Yes, I joined a fly fishing club a few years back as I was newer to the sport, then volunteered to help out some. Good find sir.
If only I knew what I was getting into

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Onslow on August 17, 2016, 04:21:26 AM
Quote from: driver on August 16, 2016, 21:50:11 PM
http://www.meetup.com/triangleflyfishers/events/232896708/?rv=ea2

to many shit shows in one place

You failed to mention your best friend is coordinating this cluster

http://www.brfff.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=2840

It is possible that Goldie likes pasty, bony redheads.  One man's cluster fuck can be another man's Les Misérables on Broadway.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

troutfanatic

Or perhaps he's just a webmaster for the TFF site and has nothing to do with planning meetings, speakers or events?

AAGoldsmith

Mud, you must be smokin some good shit. The only thing I have to do with TFF is updating the meetup page. I don't organize or ask for any speakers, but since you clearly have so much to say, maybe you want to come and give a snore inducing speech about flowers or something?

You guys can fight your own battles with the Smith River, considering your local TU can't get anything done, and half of you just shoot the shit on a forum instead of fighting to get something done.

Whitewater kayaking on the Smith is starting to sound mighty nice.
If only I knew what I was getting into

Dee-Vo