News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Bugger's New Ride

Started by Woolly Bugger, August 05, 2015, 17:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should bugger get??? AWD/4WD Crossover SUV .....

Honda CR-V LX AWD
8 (21.1%)
Suburu Outback
16 (42.1%)
Jeep Renigade
2 (5.3%)
Mazada CR-5
2 (5.3%)
Ford Escape
4 (10.5%)
I don't know, but one time at bandcamp I got a "new ride"
6 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Woolly Bugger

Seriously considering pulling the plug on the Honda --- but I'm also thinking about waiting for the '16s to come out...

p;-
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

sanjuanwormhatch

subara's are a rare mix of safety, quality, ruggedness (relatively) and affordability.

driver

Michael Toris

Dougfish

benben reincarnated

Don't get a fucking Jeep, especially a first year model run.

I voted Subaru.  I don't know anyone that doesn't love theirs, and I know tons of people with them.  On my street of less than 20 houses there are 10 Subarus, most of them being Outbacks and all are their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. Subarus they've owned.

Grannyknot

I like that Subaru Ben has.

If you get a new Outback, make sure to negotiate a factory or dealer installed trailer hitch.
The aftermarket ones drag and some of them trapeze around exhaust which reduces their towing capacity.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

OldDominionAngler

Wifey started a lease on a 2015 CX-5 last fall, seems like a really good all around ride..safety, gas mileage, ride, room, yada yada.  My only quip is that they'll be the slightest bit of hesitation in acceleration driving around town, around 20-30mph but it's mostly just an annoyance.  They have been working to improve that since first generation.  It's fun to drive on the highway though, good handling and surprising punch for a 4-cylinder if you want to pass someone on 95.  Driving it to Boston tomorrow actually.

She wanted a Mazda from the start but we test drove pretty much everything out there..Forrester, Outback, CRV, Hyundai Sante Fe/Tucson, Nissan Rogue, Ford Escape, Rav4. 

So yeah, taco and a drift boat.

Aka

Quote from: benben on August 06, 2015, 07:13:50 AM

On my street of less than 20 houses there are 10 Subarus, most of them being Outbacks and all are their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. Subarus they've owned.

That can be said for every liberal hippie town in the country. Portland - overrun with Subaru's, Seattle - Lesbaru's as far as the eye can see, Missoula, MT - infested with em', the entire state of Vermont is under a strict Subaru only ordinance.

I've had multiple Subaru's (mostly the old GL's), great cars. Go with Graysun's Tacoma/ drift boat idea.

Yallerhammer

Quote from: wildmttrout on August 06, 2015, 07:06:31 AM
Tacoma and a drift boat

This. Get a man ride. Pickup. Toyo or a Nissan either one are way above the domestics nowadays. My Frontier has 250k on it right now with hardly a wrench touching it in that time except for normal maintenance, has never left me walking, and I still trust it to drive on long trips. And it was made in Tennessee.

This part of the world has too many Subarus already, don't give in to the peer pressure.  :D
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

flatlander

benben reincarnated

Quote from: AKAaron on August 06, 2015, 07:52:31 AM
Quote from: benben on August 06, 2015, 07:13:50 AM

On my street of less than 20 houses there are 10 Subarus, most of them being Outbacks and all are their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. Subarus they've owned.

That can be said for every liberal hippie town in the country. Portland - overrun with Subaru's, Seattle - Lesbaru's as far as the eye can see, Missoula, MT - infested with em', the entire state of Vermont is under a strict Subaru only ordinance.

I've had multiple Subaru's (mostly the old GL's), great cars. Go with Graysun's Tacoma/ drift boat idea.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I love my Subaru.  BTW. 

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Big J

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on August 06, 2015, 08:21:09 AM
Quote from: wildmttrout on August 06, 2015, 07:06:31 AM
Tacoma and a drift boat

In my dreams..... p;-

I can't really see you rockin a truck, but I could see you rockin a drift boat.

Transylwader

Woolly, I thought your "new" ride was in that house I been dropping you off at for the past few months ???
Get a 2016 Nissan Frontier. Your line up screams soccer mommy. Those crossover wagons are another way of admitting you's a closet fag n!n