News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

errant cannon ball

Started by benben, December 07, 2011, 10:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benben reincarnated

holy chit:

http://news.yahoo.com/mythbusters-accidentally-shot-cannonball-someones-home-145559380.html

The cantaloupe-sized cannonball missed the water, tore through a cinder-block wall, skipped off a hillside and flew some 700 yards east, right into the Tassajara Creek neighborhood, where children were returning home from school at 4:15 p.m., authorities said.

There, the 6-inch projectile bounced in front of a home on quiet Cassata Place, ripped through the front door, raced up the stairs and blasted through a bedroom, where a man, woman and child slept through it all - only awakening because of plaster dust.

The ball wasn't done bouncing.

It exited the house, leaving a perfectly round hole in the stucco, crossed six-lane Tassajara Road, took out several tiles from the roof of a home on Bellevue Circle and finally slammed into the Gill family's beige Toyota Sienna minivan in a driveway on Springvale Drive.

Woolly Bugger

that's an "oh, shit!" moment...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Beetle

What are those people doing sleeping at 4 pm??

Transylwader

I thought the name of the reporter was even funnier :laugh:

JWJ

That's nuts. Pretty funny the mom's 2nd thought was a meteor but i guess there is a much better chance of a meteorite hitting your house than a damn cannonball.   

Stuart R.

Myth busters strike again!
Stu
CPR Catch, Photo, Release.

The Jesus

Woolly Bugger

they'll end up showing that episode during sweeps week..???

most watched mythbusters show ever???
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!