News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

SEFFF problem

Started by diamonddave7676, March 08, 2007, 01:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diamonddave7676

I have been trying for about half the dy to go to the SEFFF page.  Everytime I do it keeps going to the page could not be displayed page.  I had someone else I know go to the page and it worked for them.  I refreshed the page, deleted my temp files and cookies, deleted history and nothing has worked.  Any ideas on why this is happening or what i could do to try to fix it???  Thanks.

diamonddave7676

Ok I fixed it nevermind

trout_boy_II

What did you do - it still zapped for me?

TB

diamonddave7676

Well it was working late last night now its not working again.   o-o

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: diamonddave7676 on March 08, 2007, 12:39:22 PM
Well it was working late last night now its not working again.   o-o

try running a tracert on it....

[START] [RUN] "CMD" 

IN THE NEW WINDOW (LOOKS LIKE DOS)

"tracert southeastflyfishingforum.com"

this may help show where the connection is breaking... there could be some network issues that are preventing you from connecting...

you could also try typing the ip address into the browser

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

diamonddave7676

I tried both of those and neither worked.  Maybe it is a problem on their end.

Devinsdad

those in the know( that don't include me cause I'm an idiot ;D) think it may be a bandwidth issue, as the server is hosted on some one else's internet connection.  There may have been capacity limits placed on it by the circuit owner, to keep it from impacting his business. That would explain why last night I had no problems, but today, as the day goes on, I am unable to get in.  This is just conjecture on my part.  I know Troy and JB are working on it.

Sorry Guys....

But a Big Thanks to woolly for always bein here 0--0 0--0

Woolly Bugger

DD, I've checked it several times since this post was started and from several different locations and have not had any problems accessing the SEFFF
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

natureboy

Silver Creek

I can't either for the past hour.
Regards,

Silver

http://tinyurl.com/kkctayx

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

Woolly Bugger

i just tried and got on w/o any problem.....  :o

me -There's a season?

diamonddave7676

It is now 6:39pm and still not able to go to the page.   o-o

MtnGrouseHtr

just came from there.. No problems getting on.

Woolly Bugger

It may be that SEFFF needs to look at it's firewall(s) and DNS servers at their end to see if the troubled members' IP address or a range that this address could be in are getting blocked for any reason. Depending on the type of IPS/IDS system they could have in place, the members address could have been blocked due to a perceived DDOS or SPAM attack coming from that address or range of addresses or due to banning of members.
me -There's a season?

troutjedi