Day 3 of Montana posted....

Started by Woolly Bugger, July 16, 2007, 19:35:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Had a pretty good day... will go on a road trip tomorrow.... but I wanted to go back to the East Gallatin in the early morning to see if it fished better.... it did, a little... I got 8 to hand including a white fish.... Trico's were coming off like crazy and it was getting hot. I took a bread for lunch and then headed up the canyon to fish the log jams with a streamer for Trout Maharishi. Caught over twenty of these aerobatic rainbows and got at least 12 to hand... Then headed back to the ranch to meet Jedi for the evening hatch or spinner fall... might be good will post more pictures later.....

http://www.kbrcomm.com/ssp/smithriver.html

the little button on the lower left brings up the index of the photo albums.... 
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

Nice Pic's !
Looks like some real fun water too!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: troutphisher on July 16, 2007, 19:49:04 PM
Nice Pic's !
Looks like some real fun water too!

here's another pano for T.M. to drool over....

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

flatlander

You're killing me! o-o  Have fun. Great pictures.

Trout Maharishi

Perfect looking Czech nymph water. 8)
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

outdoorguy3

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on July 17, 2007, 07:56:30 AM
Perfect looking Czech nymph water. 8)

Zactly what I was thinking TM!

Ralph   0--0
Life's about havin' FUN!!!

AlaskaBill

Great pictures. Ill be there in Sept. Hope there is some for me. HAHAHA

Damselfly

Amazing looking place- this is the upper Gallatin?? Much larger water than where I fished around and below Big Sky...
Great pictures- I really like the ones with the "Spokesfish"- there should be audio.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Damselfly on July 26, 2007, 09:05:06 AM
Amazing looking place- this is the upper Gallatin?? Much larger water than where I fished around and below Big Sky...
Great pictures- I really like the ones with the "Spokesfish"- there should be audio.

This panorama is of Hyalite Creek south of Bozeman
me -There's a season?

Maniac

How was Hyalite?  Did you fish the creek or the reservoir?  That creek used to be absolutely incredible, and a local secret, but just packed with fish!  One fall afternoon in '91 (first time on that creek) I had my first day of over 100 fish; all on a Wulff dry.  Seems like I caught 163 or so but who cares.  That was back before I knew about 4X, 5X, 6X, etc.  I fished 3X for all my flies, or once in a great while 4X for the Griffith's Gnats.....so young, so naive.....
She had a heart of gold, but a mind of silly putty...

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Maniac on July 26, 2007, 10:12:31 AM
How was Hyalite?  Did you fish the creek or the reservoir?  That creek used to be absolutely incredible, and a local secret, but just packed with fish!  One fall afternoon in '91 (first time on that creek) I had my first day of over 100 fish; all on a Wulff dry.  Seems like I caught 163 or so but who cares.  That was back before I knew about 4X, 5X, 6X, etc.  I fished 3X for all my flies, or once in a great while 4X for the Griffith's Gnats.....so young, so naive.....

It was just awesome, caught some nice fish there and they came to dries, nymphs, and streamers.... each log jam was a little honey hole where you could catch five, six or seven fish in minutes. The runs were a little tougher but they held some great fish. Nice and cool too compared to the other streams. I only fished it twice, as the bigger fish of the Madison were calling me....
me -There's a season?

Rod Champion

Great slide show... and some awfully nice fish... you two guys look very content..
Rod + Matt Champion
Fly Shop/ Guide Service
Located ON the S. Holston River
423-878-2822

Discomidge

I hate you...sound familiar? ;D

Kim 8)
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login